Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official End of the World (2012) thread!

+8
i'm norse
Grimlore
Shinja
Loki
blivvy
Da Llama
Wonko the Sane
Theicecreaman
12 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official End of the World (2012) thread!

Post by Theicecreaman Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm

Haha I remember that Carlin routine...haven't seen that for a couple years.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official End of the World (2012) thread!

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:11 pm

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 pm

I just booked one-way travel tickets.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

When it begins, the streets will all be deserted, cars will be broken down all over the place, the sky will be on fire, and gas stations won't be safe from zombies so don't go in hoping to score a Twinkie. It will look like this:
http://flic.kr/p/3WVxYK
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 pm

B-bbb-but does that mean we won't have...ice cream trucks? How will we survive?
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:01 pm

I believe that van parked in front of the gas station is an ice cream van... so maybe there's hope yet?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 pm

MINE!!!
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:45 pm

No I'm having that!
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by i'm norse Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:44 am

Wonko the Sane wrote:You shouldn't waste time watching youtube videos from conspiracy theorists. Half of them are complete nutjobs using the anonymity of the Internet to masquerade as someone reputable, and the other half will try to convince you that lizard people rule the world (seriously, lizard people?!)

They will flaunt misconceptions, misquote facts, and shamelessly bend and twist the truth because they crave attention and this is how they get it. All the major conspiracy theories out there have been debunked over and over again once the true facts were assembled. I especially love when the Mythbusters completely destroyed the fake moon landing myths by physically testing and proving that the most popular conspiracy theories were outrageously incorrect.

As far as the 9/11 conspiracy theories, I just did a quick google search and found a collection of facts here: http://www.debunking911.com/index.html

I can't vouch for the validity of that site's facts as I didn't care to spend too much time reading it over, but I did recognize a few key points that I've seen pointed out plenty of times before from reputable sources.

In any case, before you go believing anything from that site or YouTube conspiracy theorists you should DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. Check the facts. Don't let yourself be duped by idiots. And this world will never have any shortage of idiots who will try to dupe you. Until the world ends, at least, then we won't have to worry about that anymore! Won't that be a relief!

I'm adding death by conspiracy theory to the list of ways we'll die when the world ends, and leaving you with the following bit of wisdom which I hope you'll all take to heart:

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. - Ben Franklin

sorry, i did not take any of that to heart, since Benjamin Franklin was a 33rd degree Freemason, if you don't think that matters, i suppose we have nothing more to talk about=D... because i have done my research=) and the funny thing, the site you posted, is the only site with a real database of debunking material... only, Ive spent 3 hours, debunking that for a friend(one quick fact is that aluminum turns silvery, not red as seen running down the towers on 9/11 but here he says the red molten steel that can be seen on the 911 videos, were aluminum from the wreckage). as in the molten steel (plane fuel cannot burn hot enough to melt steel) was not steel, it was aluminum from the plane wreckage.). he states a lot of bullshit on there. but hey, you're right, there are always someone out to trick people..

listen to the majestic-twelve at least =P he does not talk about 9/11 or aliens being real(or at least real on this planet).

also...i think that branding everyone who who makes a YouTube video about something far out as just another attention seeker is quite dangerous for your own world view, mostly because people do not go out and state facts that make them look like a crack pot for fun, at least sane people do not=).. if you just watch the media for news for instance.. (tv, news papers) and think yourself informed. imp that's where people get "brain washed".. like it or not, YouTube is a quite good source of information, if you have the will to sift through what you would call the attention seekers, from the truth seekers. which is no real problem, as we all know how to tell lies from truth... as my signature states Ghandi said (like Ghandi or no(got a friend who actually does not like him), that shit is still true)..

history is really awesome as well, when you get to the real history (something the book i posted in my post does very well)

the only thing i ever wish to get a cross here, is that the world does not end, in 2012, it begins. i dont think it will be without strife... but then again i dont think it will kill us all. rather look to japan now, there you got a few million cases of cancer in the next few years.
i'm norse
i'm norse

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:11 pm

None of that matters now. New research on the teratogenic effects of Pure Evil in ursus teddius domesticus shows what's going to happen to us all when the world ends.

The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 F8f96010

Adding death by Pure Evil to the list.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 pm

There's bullshit everywhere, be it in the news, on YouTube, in history, or simply around you--in the minds of neighboring people. Honestly, it's just human nature to mess around and distort the truth until fabrications are the only real thing left for the future. Do you really think that half of history is 100% accurate? Think about who wrote the previous history books and created the documents upon which we readily rely: politicians, scholars (funded by the politicians), lawyers (with boatloads of wealth), etc. I could go on.

But the point is really that there's always going to be BS. You just gotta deal with it and not become one of them. And by "one of them," I don't refer to any particular career; rather, I refer to those who BS things and come up with ridiculous crap just to get a name for themselves.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I really don't want this thread to turn into a battle of wills regarding conspiracy theories, so if you guys wish to continue the debate on the 9/11 conspiracies or any others, please feel free to start a new thread.

I just want to point out that most of us who frequent this forum are far too intelligent to rely on mainstream news media as sources for our information. We're also far too intelligent to take most conspiracy theories at face value, since things are never, ever as simple as people would like to make them out to be.

My personal opinion of conspiracy theorists is most of them are as bad as religious crusaders, blindly ignoring any and all facts that don't support their beliefs. That doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing about a theory that has an overwhelming amount of supporting evidence but, let's face it, most do not and most modern conspiracy theories become shady when all the known facts are looked at as a whole, not just the ones that seem to support the theory. For example, take your aluminum theory. While it may be true that aluminum does not turn red when melted, don't overlook the fact that buildings rarely use pure alloys in their construction, but rather use a mixture of alloys to improve the characteristics of the metals to suit a specific need. When you take that information into consideration, it's no surprise that aluminum combined with other alloys may melt with a red color as seen in various conspiracy theory photos. By the way, I went back and checked that website and this is noted (somewhat less succinctly) in the molten steel section. I'm not using this as an example to say all the 9/11 conspiracy theories are incorrect (that's a debate for another thread), I'm just using it as an example to show that nothing is as simple as people make it out to be and conspiracy theorists are particularly guilty of this.

Few things irk me more than those who try to make a claim based on a small subset of the available information or facts, whether it be conspiracy theorists, religious fruitcakes, bullshit politicians, or anyone else trying to convince others of their beliefs. Get the Mythbusters to prove it and then come back with all the supporting facts (and Oreo Cookie 's for bribery) and I'll listen Razz

Which leads me to my on-topic contribution:

Problem is, most people get very heated when their beliefs are challenged, especially those who believe in something that can't be proven like the aforementioned religious fruitcakes. Just think about how many people have been killed throughout history in the name of some religious belief or another. Maybe that's another way we'll all die when the world ends? What would you call that... death by radical extremists? Death by crusade? Ah! The Spanish Inquisition!!

Last edited by Wonko the Sane on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah, we should probably stay on topic. And yeah, I'm with you on that, Wonko. People die in the name of whatever all the time. Some of my favorite verses from an Eagles song (the last few verses):
You can leave it all behind
and sail to Lahaina
just like the missionaries did, so many years ago
They even brought a neon sign: "Jesus is coming"
Brought the white man's burden down
Brought the white man's reign

Who will provide the grand design?
What is yours and what is mine?
'Cause there is no more new frontier
We have got to make it here

We satisfy our endless needs and
justify our bloody deeds,
in the name of destiny and the name
of God

And you can see them there,
On Sunday morning
They stand up and sing about
what it's like up there
They call it paradise
I don't know why
You call someplace paradise,
kiss it goodbye

Alright, now let's get back on topic!
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Nobody commented on the Teratogenic Effects of Pure Evil in Ursus Teddius Domesticus.

Don't touch it. It's evil.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by i'm norse Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 am

Wonko the Sane wrote:I really don't want this thread to turn into a battle of wills regarding conspiracy theories, so if you guys wish to continue the debate on the 9/11 conspiracies or any others, please feel free to start a new thread.

I just want to point out that most of us who frequent this forum are far too intelligent to rely on mainstream news media as sources for our information. We're also far too intelligent to take most conspiracy theories at face value, since things are never, ever as simple as people would like to make them out to be.

My personal opinion of conspiracy theorists is most of them are as bad as religious crusaders, blindly ignoring any and all facts that don't support their beliefs. That doesn't mean I'm not open to hearing about a theory that has an overwhelming amount of supporting evidence but, let's face it, most do not and most modern conspiracy theories become shady when all the known facts are looked at as a whole, not just the ones that seem to support the theory. For example, take your aluminum theory. While it may be true that aluminum does not turn red when melted, don't overlook the fact that buildings rarely use pure alloys in their construction, but rather use a mixture of alloys to improve the characteristics of the metals to suit a specific need. When you take that information into consideration, it's no surprise that aluminum combined with other alloys may melt with a red color as seen in various conspiracy theory photos. By the way, I went back and checked that website and this is noted (somewhat less succinctly) in the molten steel section. I'm not using this as an example to say all the 9/11 conspiracy theories are incorrect (that's a debate for another thread), I'm just using it as an example to show that nothing is as simple as people make it out to be and conspiracy theorists are particularly guilty of this.

Few things irk me more than those who try to make a claim based on a small subset of the available information or facts, whether it be conspiracy theorists, religious fruitcakes, bullshit politicians, or anyone else trying to convince others of their beliefs. Get the Mythbusters to prove it and then come back with all the supporting facts (and The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 184915 's for bribery) and I'll listen Razz

Which leads me to my on-topic contribution:

Problem is, most people get very heated when their beliefs are challenged, especially those who believe in something that can't be proven like the aforementioned religious fruitcakes. Just think about how many people have been killed throughout history in the name of some religious belief or another. Maybe that's another way we'll all die when the world ends? What would you call that... death by radical extremists? Death by crusade? Ah! The Spanish Inquisition!!

Sorry man, we are at odds again. though i must say, this is not negative to me at all, and i will not make it so. the only thing is that i recognise your intellect, i really do, even some wisdom too but a wise man once said, the greatest flaw any intelligent Man has is thinking that he is smarter then everyone else.
if you but look at the history concerning certain aspects, such as out of place artifact's, they cannot all be fake, the Ica Stones for instance, is proven not to be. yet remains undisguised. in any case thinking humans today are bad towards each other is because of "human nature" then i say you do not know human nature man. ALL men and women want one thing. one thing only. to live in love with their loved ones. only there is a thing called money, look it up. its real, but its really not. it only serves to instil a sense of possession in yourself. its not conspiracy theory its there for everyone with open eyes to see.. it has been for a long time.. only most don't believe it because its so far removed from what they know to be true...just once looking into the Balfour Decleration should make anyone question..
asee how Israel came to be. In short; Germany was winning the First World War and UK and France was becoming anxious, Rothschild promised them Rothschild promised them American assistance if they would agree to help the Jewish people (not really Semite Jews if you Google Khazar) find a homeland (Palestine) Brittain agreed, America came, the War was won. after some reluctance from the British Government they gave their declaration (above)
all of this have meaning it is affecting our lives. only when we think its just some fancy of a attention seeking *****, we lose perspective.... all im saying is that this shit is quite daunting... to say, i do not envy those that has seen this agenda and are old today. but realizing it is ducking crucial.. THATS what this time is about, not the end of the ducking world. but a rebirth, a collective giveafuck form everyone everywhere.. and BOOM, children wont get raped in sweaty hot sweat-shops making clothes for some consumer brand in western countries. the realization that every ducking life counts. the futility however, and i suspect the reason for so many intelligent people look away is that there is little you can really do.. what, take a trip to Netanyahu's office and exclaim to him the folly of his actions, dont think it would have done much good, i agree. the only thing is that you gotta ducking care man, lol. watch Network,(a movie from 1976) really ducking good is it too, even the critics say so. and they are critical.. Mythbusters are not theyve been disproven many times, here is one

in ending no disrespect what so ever, but this topic begs to be renamed. and so i must use what little rhetoric i have to make that happen! in any case, i feel its really nice to exchange with you all. and that's why i come here..
i'm norse
i'm norse

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Nah this topic will nevar be renamed!! Not until the world ends Wink

In any case, this thread is mostly a big joke with a few serious discussions here and there. Take a look at our list of ways we'll all die when the world ends to see all the jokes made so far:
https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/t971-the-official-end-of-the-world-2012-thread#16438

As for your rebirth theory, that's actually not the first time it's been brought up in this thread. Take a look at our discussion of the Mayan calendar that begins back on page 2 where we talk about how the Mayans believed the world had been reborn four times already and 2012 would be the fifth. There's no proof of such things since so much of Mayan history has been lost, but it makes for an interesting "what if" discussion nonetheless.

As far as things like those Ica Stones you brought up, we've had discussions in other topics about how it's very likely our ancient ancestors were far more intelligent and advanced than we give them credit for. I can't remember specific examples off the top of my head, but one had to do with ancient designs for a computer that were discovered and dismissed and various other archaeological discoveries that nobody can explain. I think it's a safe bet to say there is a lot we're never going to know about the true history of human civilization simply because so much knowledge has been lost to antiquity. Fires burning down ancient libraries and such. Point is, we're not an ignorant bunch here Wink

I'd like to believe that if the world is reborn there will somehow be less evil in it like you say, but unfortunately I don't have that much faith in people. At our core, I think we're all selfish beings. If you were able to somehow look at all of our most basic desires, I don't think you'll find love at the top of the list, however romantic that notion is. Instead, I think you'll find some desire more closely related to survival. Our most basic instincts are related to our own individual survival and from that a lot of the negative things like selfishness and greed are born. Things like caring for other people come into play after more basic survival instincts are satisfied and a bit of intelligence is added to the mix.

So let me try to introduce a new perspective on this simply for the sake of discussion. Maybe people are so corrupt and so selfish that change, at this point, is impossible. Maybe a "collective giveafuck" like you said is simply impossible and people aren't capable of that realization. I mean, if you take a step back and look at what's going on in the world it seems we're moving in the opposite direction. Here in the US, misogyny is the political flavor of the month, something that I thought had been put to rest decades ago. But here we have very powerful political figures trying to pass laws that violate women's rights. We're talking basic human rights stuff too, like the right to even live. The idiocy and hypocricy of it all is pathetic. Do you really think those kinds of people are suddenly going to open their eyes and realize what fools they've been? So maybe the world needs to end, great flood style. Kill off the fools and start again.

I'm not saying I believe that's what's going to happen, I'm just saying there's another perspective... discuss. Sherlock
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by i'm norse Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:14 pm

i am in no way or form trying to teach anyone anything here, since i doubt i could, only i wanna share my views, and maybe find an accord with others in these matters, since i think that it is a quite interesting topic of discussion. and one i am not afforded to talk often about=)

no, i don't think the evil doers of the world will stop trying to take
care of nr. 1, always their motto will be fuck the goyim's. only, they
don't matter anymore, thanks to the internet shit like kony 2012 (yes i
believe in its authenticity) lets let time tell, but i believe it can
make change where it finally counts. in any case i am an advocate for
having faith in the good of man. and i would like you to check out a
site, if you don't have anything against it, these books have changed my
life, and opened my eyes to the human possibilities, but before i'm going
on of a rant, i wish to take a moment to state that these books are not religious, anti religious, or really assertive in anyway or form, only. it points out matters you can affirm or disprove with your consciousness alone. because, really. what is consciousness.. the genre is nature/spirituality, it gladdens me to share it with you, and no, this is not New Age either =) ringingcedardsofrussia.com basically these books gave me the answers to the questions plaguing man, and it gave me peace.

in any case, let me state that the reason i made the topic "why best" is that i immediately when reading your humor, and rhetoric thereof, i instantaneously recognized you as intelligent. more then i had seen in a while, lol. so i fell in love you might say. and that's why also i am very happy to exchange opinions, wisdom and knowledge with you guys.

Last edited by i'm norse on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
i'm norse
i'm norse

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Wonko the Sane wrote:
unfortunately I don't have that much faith in people. At our core, I think we're all selfish beings. If you were able to somehow look at all of our most basic desires, I don't think you'll find love at the top of the list, however romantic that notion is. Instead, I think you'll find some desire more closely related to survival. Our most basic instincts are related to our own individual survival and from that a lot of the negative things like selfishness and greed are born. Things like caring for other people come into play after more basic survival instincts are satisfied and a bit of intelligence is added to the mix.
Wonko, you need to write a sociology book or something bro haha.

I like to think that people have both good and bad in them, and that it's all really just an existential matter of perspective. Honestly, I think that one can be conditioned to neglect selfishness/greed if that were, by any chance, the societal norm. However, it is not, and perhaps we do need some sort of "awakening." But the problem is that there's basically no way by which one can do that. As long as elitism exists, there will be problems. And we've tried communism/socialism, but that doesn't really work either since there are always those who pull the strings and manipulate people. When people talk about how great China's educational system is, for instance, I bring out the following point: sure, students can have a top-notch education and succeed, but how many really do? Schools are so selective there.

Anyways, back to the apocalypse thing. Sure, worldwide destruction would solve a great deal of things (much like the Black Death did before the Renaissance), but it still goes against our evolutionary goal to survive/reproduce, so I'd prefer to avoid it, thank you very much Razz
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by i'm norse Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 pm

i agree, man has good and evil in itself, and the difference of the two is just an existential matter of perspective, only. as a Human Being, there are already some preset conditions on what you consider evil or good, and as Human Beings we would most likely always agree on what is good and what is not, power and financial interest (that makes you look the other way) aside.

only i think it is essential to every Human to try and discern the multitude of energies in ourselves, some of which we call feelings, and not let them control us so much. rather maybe learn to control things, such as jealousy, pride, anger. it has been done, only if anyone says to himself "others are not going to change, so i might as well never mind it." then i suppose the process of making everyone care takes a bit longer..
i'm norse
i'm norse

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:38 pm

Theicecreaman wrote:Wonko, you need to write a sociology book or something bro haha.

That's me, a certifiable philosophicator! One day I'll compile all these forum posts into my memoirs Laughing

Anyway, Norse is probably right about everyone having preset notions on good and evil. Certain things are programmed into us from birth, like the ability to recognize a smile as a universal symbol of happiness. It's coded into our genes. But different people being able to agree on what's good and what's evil is entirely contingent on isolation from societal influences. For example, the businessman who grew up being told by the society he lives in that exploiting other people for personal financial gain is acceptable, well he wouldn't consider it wrong to step on other people's toes like that. But anyone who did not have the same upbringing might clearly see that taking advantage of others in that way is wrong. So when societal influences are involved, good and evil can become, unfortunately, very hazy. And like Ice said, there's really no solution to these types of societal problems.

On that other point, I'm also a big believer in taking the time and effort to understand yourself. That kind of internal enlightenment leads you to all sorts of revelations about the world we live in. Problem is, they aren't always good revelations. Sometimes the more your eyes are opened to the truth around you, the more disgusted you become with everything you see.

Consequently, I say bring on the zombie apocalypse! cheers Zombie
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Wonko the Sane wrote:
On that other point, I'm also a big believer in taking the time and effort to understand yourself. That kind of internal enlightenment leads you to all sorts of revelations about the world we live in. Problem is, they aren't always good revelations. Sometimes the more your eyes are opened to the truth around you, the more disgusted you become with everything you see.
I Agree
Introspection is just something you don't really see much of nowadays. We're all so concerned with what's happening to other people whom we rarely see and to everything that both involves and does not involve us. What I mean by that particular paradox is that, if something concerns us, we're immediately intrigued. Conversely, say the news reports something like, "Super-famous person (about whom you probably don't even care) said blah to person A!!! Details at 5!!!" Why should you give a shit about that? Yet, the public gets into an uproar over the most unneeded gossip and we just don't take the time to understand ourselves better than to understand others. And, honestly, we don't need philosophers, sociologists, and psychologists to tell us what the norm is. We can define it ourselves by traversing through our minds and gain an outlook not dependent on conforming to the latest trends.

"Oh, person B says doing y is ok! Therefore, I can do it!"

No, use your mind, fool! Banging Head

ZOMBIE TIME!!! (And let's return to the topic and hand, guys...)
The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 Zombie1_0
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by i'm norse Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Wonko the Sane wrote:

On that other
point, I'm also a big believer in taking the time and effort to
understand yourself. That kind of internal enlightenment leads you to
all sorts of revelations about the world we live in. Problem is, they
aren't always good revelations. Sometimes the more your eyes are opened
to the truth around you, the more disgusted you become with everything
you see.

EXACTLY then we must be strong enough to bare seeing all the evil and wicked and disgusting things that you see around you and be love. with that i mean not the queer sensual hollywood version that unfortunately springs to mind. but being someone that brings happiness into others peoples lives, simply doing good, being the oposite of what we know is wrong, doing what we know is right, and by golly realize our interest based monetary system we are led to believe is more natural then the water we drink and see how quacking wrong it is. therefore myself went into some changes considering how i look at money back when i thought Zeitgeist was the answer=) anyways it helped me see a certain part of the picture, and it helped me get rid of my possessiveness which Ive noted is a source of great aggression in others, which i am thankful for have being somewhat liberated from, since anger is such a tiresome state of being.

Theicecreaman wrote:
Introspection is just something you don't
really see much of nowadays. We're all so concerned with what's
happening to other people whom we rarely see and to everything that both
involves and does not involve us. What I mean by that particular
paradox is that, if something concerns us, we're immediately intrigued.
Conversely, say the news reports something like, "Super-famous person
(about whom you probably don't even care) said blah to person A!!!
Details at 5!!!" Why should you give a shit about that? Yet, the
public gets into an uproar over the most unneeded gossip and we just
don't take the time to understand ourselves better than to understand
others. And, honestly, we don't need philosophers, sociologists, and
psychologists to tell us what the norm is. We can define it ourselves
by traversing through our minds and gain an outlook not dependent on
conforming to the latest trends.

"Oh, person B says doing y is ok! Therefore, I can do it!"

No, use your mind, fool! The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 750909

The Official End of the World (2012) thread! - Page 5 981182

but it is on topic, since we are debating wether the world will end or
not, i think not since the inherent goodness in man we are seeing more
and more of in our day!
i'm norse
i'm norse

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 pm

That Uncle Sam poster made me think of this movie:

What if it's not zombies at the end of the world, what if it's vampires?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:24 pm

What happens if all the animals in the world are actually incredibly smarter and more technologically advanced than us, and the only reason they don't show it is because they think we're all hilariously stupid and great entertainment? affraid

EDIT: Also I can't believe that you haven't added the Ragnarok to that end of the world list yet Crying or Very sad
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:00 am

SHINJI!!!! Didn't you read Hitchhiker's Guide? Humans are the third most intelligent species on Earth. I thought everybody knew that.

Oh, and I fixed the missing Ragnarok in the list Very Happy
Okay, now everyone gather 'round the camp fire while uncle Shinji tells us a scary story about Ragnarok!!
Eating
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next