Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Movie Thread

+15
blivvy
TheReferee
time
Trey
KaiStagon
Mr.Fjord
Bugenhagen
Sidious
DudemanLG
YumYum
Lucario*)WoN(~Donuts~
masterchief
Brotherbruce
Cap'nJackSparrow
Loki
19 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Official Movie Thread Empty Official Movie Thread

Post by blivvy Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey every1

This is the place to discuss movies!
Feel free to post trailers of decent upcoming movies or some of ur favourites.

Here's some that might be worth checking out

Last edited by Wonko the Sane on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:32 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Stickied)
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Official Movie Thread Empty Re: Official Movie Thread

Post by Acrobat Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm

There will be Blood was the last movie that I really liked.

hmmm

Acrobat

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:11 pm

I just saw Surrogates and it was pretty good.

But it doesn't look like there are any decent movies coming out until March, when Alice in Wonderland will be showing. Cannot wait for that!! Johnny Depp plays the Mad Hatter, how perfect is that? No trailer. I don't like spoilers for movies that I really want to see, and trailers spoil everything these days.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Ah yes. They should of called that I Robot 2 since its almost the same thing just with bruce willis instead of will smith Razz.

Going to see zombieland next week Smile
Thats gonna pwn all other zombie flicks. Well most of em anyway

I heard they are making a tekken movie Rolling Eyes but why bother? Look @ all the other beat em up games they tried to make films outta.

Also a prince of persia movie is supposed to be out next year but that will prob be horrible too... we can always hope tho Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 pm

blivvy wrote:Look @ all the other beat em up games they tried to make films outta.
Not just games. I felt ill when I found out some random turned my favourite childhood anime into a fekkin live action film!

YOU CAN'T GET SPIKEY HAIR LIKE THAT! NO WAY IN HELL! IT'S ONLY POSSIBLE IN CARTOONS! Ranting
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:31 pm

I assume u mean dragonball?
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:50 pm

!1!11!11one!!1!1 Of course! D:
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Best movie of the year: Star Trek.

If there's a better movie out this year, I haven't heard of it. Star Trek is Star Trek for everyone who hates Star Trek or who hasn't heard of Star Trek before. And why has no-one mentioned District 9??? That's supposedly the bis! Gotta go see that!
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Official Movie Thread Empty star trek

Post by Acrobat Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:14 pm

I didn't like the Star Trek movie.

Lots of shooting, basic plot, rehashed characters based on old glory.

I liked the guy who played Spock...of course not as much the Nemoy though. They can't manage to make a decent TV series so all they can do now is cash cow the old series only make it worse with new character pretending to be the originals.

Have you seen the BattleStar Galatica movie? I though Razor was a pretty good sci fi film. The BattleStar series is making another movie for this next month I believe too.

The other good sci fi series that I am maybe halfway done with is farscape. It starts slow but it becomes pretty good if you can stick with it.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Farscape was the best sci-fi series on tv until it got canceled because of internal sci-fi channel politics. It had better reviews and more viewers than anything at the time, but the station owners decided they wanted to kill it off to make room for another Stargate series. pff. Stargate could never be as popular as it became while Farscape was there stealing all its thunder, so they just nixed it.

I didn't see the Battlestar Galactica movie, original or remake, that lead up to the new show, but I watched the last couple of seasons of the show and I like the message it ended with.

But let's face it, sci-fi as a genre wouldn't be the same if not for Star Trek. Hell, our lives wouldn't be the same. iPhone, anyone? If it were a simple rehash, as you claim, Acro, then it wouldn't have been such a hit in the theaters. The franchise in general wouldn't have survived five television series and eleven movies if all that was left was old glory. They totally reinvented the characters for the latest movie and explained an awful lot about their history and personal connections that never got explained in any other canonical form. And it fit into the existing Star Trek story beautifully. It was very well done. Shame on you for having a different opinion.

Off with his head!! Angry Wife
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Brotherbruce Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:46 pm

The new star trek was good i wouldn't say there trying to "cash cow" it, they took star trek to a new direction and opened up alot of possibility's and they have also made it a decent film for people who aren't star trek fan boys like me. rabbit
I can understand why the people who watched the classics might not like it but fluck em

Brotherbruce

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:12 pm

I like Battlestar series better than any star trek series, but the original series was before my time. I was around for the Next Generation and I liked that show.

The Original Star Trek movies were really good though.

But I LOVED the new Battlestar as a tv series. Farscape has been kick ass so far too although i stopped watching because im busy. I think im on season 3.

ps- the new batman movie bored me too, and everyone loved that one. bah humbug. hehe

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:11 am

Acrobat wrote:I didn't like the Star Trek movie.

Lots of shooting, basic plot, rehashed characters based on old glory.

I liked the guy who played Spock...of course not as much the Nemoy though. They can't manage to make a decent TV series so all they can do now is cash cow the old series only make it worse with new character pretending to be the originals.
+1. Thumbs Up
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:09 pm

CrazY! wrote: +1. Thumbs Up

-1. Thumbs Down
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Wonko the Sane wrote:
CrazY! wrote: +1. Thumbs Up

-1. Thumbs Down
Wut?
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Minus one point, just what it says. Tip Hat
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Official Movie Thread Empty ST

Post by Acrobat Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:38 am

The movie slipped all character development too, and went right to twisted plot of shooting, jumping, and what not.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:02 pm

They developed Spock plenty. Spock's relationship with Kirk was also a major part of the movie. There's only so much character development you can cram into a couple hours of movie before people start whining about how slow the pace is.

If they took out all the action, which was all done in a very classic Kirk shoot-em-up kind of way mind you, then you'd be complaining that it was too boring. Either way I bet you'd still be complaining about it.

It was a good movie. They held true to the classic characters and behaviors and made for some very good introductions. Think of it like the premier of a new TV show that has to introduce so much stuff in so little time but also has to get you hooked all in just a couple hours so you come back next week for more. It was done well, so just wait for the next one where I'm sure you'll get plenty of character development for some of the other characters who were neglected a bit too much in this one. Like Scotty.

Oh I should also mention that if you wanted more plot development, you should have read the official prequel stories that were released in a sort of comic/graphic novel form before the movie. They focus on Nero and Spock and the events leading up to the first scene in the movie. Lots of back story there, and lots of information on how Nero goes from a family mining man who trusts Spock to save his planet to a psycho killer who wants revenge.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Official Movie Thread Empty far

Post by Acrobat Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Well we can agree that Farscape is great.

I want to get through the seasons so I can watch the movie.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 am

Ugh you're going to love and hate it at the same time. It's just so awesome but WHYYYY did they have to kill it off!!

The end of season 4 is a MAJOR cliffhanger. The stupid network canceled the show with almost no notice, so they had no time to re-do the ending or properly prepare anything for it, so you're left with this terrible ending. At the time we had no idea there was going to be a mini movie thing to wrap it all up nicely, so it was just the worst ending to a tv series ever. And we were stuck with it for a long time until we found out they were making the Peacekeeper Wars, which by the way is just awesome. Incredibly awesome. Overwhelmingly awesome. You're gonna love it. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:25 am

How bout + 1 million points to blivvy for making one of the best and most successful topics on here? lol!

Also to jack, yea district 9 is xlnt. One of the best alien movies out there. After watching it, I really wanted to get my hands on some of those alien weapons. They could come in handy xD
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:52 pm

I dunno about a miiiiiilliooooooooooon.. how about a thousand instead. Thousand points to 'blivvy!! cheers
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 pm

I actually had a difficult time getting into farscape but I heard such good things about it, I decided to finish out the first season...then at some point it became pretty good.

Some of those initial episodes are very isolated and so-so though, but as the actors found their role it got better.

I give the edge to BattleStar Galatica for best sci-fi series of this last decade though over farscape though because I was entertained nonstop with that.

Those episodes where the two admirals were facing off were some of the best.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:20 am

Farscape premiered in '99. That's pushing your "last decade" scale just a bit Wink
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 am

What the hell is going on here... almost 2 full pages of talking about sci-fi series and films and no one has mentioned firefly or serenity yet? Je shr shuh muh lan dong shi!?
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next