Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Phone Thread

+2
Loki
Theicecreaman
6 posters

Go down

The Official Phone Thread Empty The Official Phone Thread

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Well, the gta one turned out to be a fail because everyone hates gta, so I thought I'd choose something we could all relate to: cell phones.

Not this: The Official Phone Thread Old-cell-phones-get-cingular-fee

Not literal phones in jail cells: The Official Phone Thread Jail-image-4

...but, of course, nice, sleek cell phones we all have.

From what I was reading one day, cell phones will take over all electronic devices in the next 20 years, so I thought we'd best prepare ourselves for the terrible, corporate media-fueled future. Naturally, whoever wrote that article I was reading that said this'd happen in the next 20 years is an idiot because it has already happened, but it matters not.

Discuss. Major players: iOS, Android OS, etc.

Although I've been long due for an upgrade, I'm still waiting for the right phone to hit the market.

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Official Phone Thread Empty Re: The Official Phone Thread

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 pm

My phone:

The Official Phone Thread 41M9KGGZ4JL._SL500_AA300_

Had it for nearly 7 years now. To this day, it's done what I've needed it to. Make calls.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:38 am

I bet that guy who said cell phones will take over all electronic devices was ultimately talking about how interconnected our devices are becoming. I mean, I walk into my car and it automatically recognizes my phone, polls my iPod to see what song I was last listening to and starts playing it, imports my contact list and so forth. It won't be long before it's a scene out of Iron man where we're telling our stereo to import our user settings from our microwaves.

I've got an iPhone 4 and I'll be honest, it's surprising how little I use it as a phone. That's the same story I hear from everyone else who has a modern smart phone. It becomes more like a portable computer once you have one, although nobody ever sees it coming. You say to yourself "I think it's about time I upgrade to a smart phone, but I don't need all those bells and whistles 'cause I'll still just use it as a phone." Ooooh boy are you in for a rude awakening! They don't call them smart phones just to be cute.

I honestly thought the latest Google phone would be better than Apple's latest iPhone, but from what I've been reading they didn't do the major upgrade everyone was expecting. Neither did Apple though... I guess they're all holding their big cards for next year. But as far as I'm concerned, Apple and Google are leading the race in terms of smartphone tech and have a healthy competition going. I can't wait to see what the next big innovation coming out of one of their labs is going to be.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Had this for a week, it broke.
The Official Phone Thread 3112banana
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Nokia are the only phones I will use. This is my current phone which I've had for a few years. Has everything I want really - camera, radio, internet etc. plus u can call & text people, which is a bonus really Wink

The Official Phone Thread 63ISI_details
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:45 pm

I haven't upgraded my phone in years. I'm still at the point where I don't want to pay for all the 3G, 4G, whatever that came out a few years ago. I use my phone for calling and texting, both of which are all I really need. I know that if I were to buy a new phone with all the fancy capabilities, I would probably never go back. That's why I want my next phone to be something halfway decent, not just the best bargain I can find on the net. Perhaps I'll start contemplating in a few weeks.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:58 pm

The Official Phone Thread Samsung-a237-black-att_pdi

Very high-tech.

I don't mind though, got the phone itself for free and its like $5 a month for unlimited texting/calls, so I can deal with a hunk o junk.

Oh and I found these forums again, sup everyone.

Trey
Pie Academy Member

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Oh, hey there Trey!

Damn, dude, that's a helluva deal. I don't think I could stand AT&T, though, but I don't suppose it really matters when you get a good bargain.

I love how you just reappeared after years of years. According to your profile, you've last been here uhh...over two years ago? Well, you now owe us two years of posts.

Start now. You have two more years to complete this task. Willy Nilly
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 pm

rofl Hey Trey, welcome back!

AT&T is the devil. But, honestly, so is every other telecommunications company here in the States, mostly because they all are directly descended from Ma' Bell. I've heard from people who have Sprint, though, that they really like them even though the service isn't the best everywhere. Did you know that when the gubberment broke up Ma' Bell into all the "mini Bells", half of those mini bells coalesced into what is now AT&T and the other half into what is now Verizon? Sprint has been the only independent non-Bell teleco in the States since way back then, and they've been struggling to stay alive ever since. AT&T and Verizon would love to crush them out of existence, just as Ma' Bell wanted to do back then. That's why AT&T tried to buy up T-Mobile, which thankfully was stopped by the gubberment.

If I was switching phones/carriers, I'd probably choose T-Mobile, as long as they don't get bought out by AT&T at least. I think they have the best service you can get without being the monopoly that AT&T-Verizon-Bell is. Supposedly their prices are better too.

Honestly Ice, who joins self-help AOL chat rooms for GTA lovers anonymous, who joins self-help AOL chat rooms for GTA lovers anonymous, if you're looking for a smartphone then your only two real options at this point are an Android phone or the iPhone. If you want an Android phone, then I'd strongly suggest getting one of Google's Nexus phones, not one of the many many other phones running Android. Google themselves have started taking steps to contain the horrible fragmentation problem they're experiencing, where every other vendor puts on their own version of the OS with their own crappy options that you can't get rid of that just gunk up the system and make it hard to use, and then you don't get to update to the new versions of Android once they're out because the vendors take forever to create a new version of their crapware.

Trust me, you're better off with Google's official phone.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Trey Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Trust me, you're better off with Google's official phone.

Just wait, Google will turn evil soon, very soon, and then you'll all regret it!

But yeah, I've heard good things about their phones.

Trey
Pie Academy Member

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Well they have to be going for world domination. I mean they started off with the search engine, then the browser and now they are making phones and an os.

Next thing u know they will "accidentally" make advanced killing machines that will destroy the human race and it will be the end of the world as we know it...

Hmm why does that sound familiar?
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Don't forget about Google+. They're taking over our social lives too. This will undoubtedly help them build a better killer robot.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 am

They shall know the human weakness and kill us all (that'd be good considering humans think they're the most advanced species on earth...)
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 am

Would sure put us in our place. Then we'd have to leave the planet in giant ships and run away, then while being chased by our own monstrous creations we'd begin searching for a new home written about in the prophesies, where we will lay down roots and rebuild, only to re-create the monsters which would again lead to our own demise as if time itself was stuck in some cyclical broken record where we all endlessly play out the same roles over and over again for all eternity!!!

...or they could just blow up the planet before we have a chance to get off.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 am

Question is, which planet do we invade and take over?
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:01 pm

The world filled with worlds that creates worlds from other worlds.
Da Llama
Da Llama

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down