Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread

5 posters

Go down

Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread Empty Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Here's the latest trailer: http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001

Holy cow.

Discuss. Coffee
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread Empty Re: Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Post by Loki Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Theicecreaman wrote: Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread 3362
Sums it up perfectly in my opinion.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Yawn

I've always enjoyed the Driver series much more than GTA. Better physics, better gameplay.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:27 pm

Haha are you on crack, Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate? Driver's physics are terrible compared to GTA's most recent advances to the engine. The physics in GTA 4 were great. Plus, now that they're going back to San Andreas, the location from GTA San Andreas (obviously), it's gonna have the revamped engine with all the million and one things things they added included with the game. Sure, there wasn't much to do in GTA 4, but it was still good fun.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Again, big Yawn

Goodnight
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:19 pm

Well I don't see how they can beat San Andreas. But if they try make gta realistic again and leave out all the fun stuff (like piloting planes and parachutes) then I'm not gonna bother.
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:15 pm

There are planes in GTA 5, as the trailer showed, and in the Ballad of queer Tony expansion, Rockstar added parachutes, so it's safe to assume that they'll reappear.

Seriously, though, how the hell does the Driver series have better physics than GTA? Granted, the original GTA's physics suck compared to modern-day standards, but GTA 4 had the best physics I've ever seen in a game.

Let's not forget that after creating GTA 4, Rockstar made two expansion packs that improved upon GTA 4 a bit. Also, they made Red Dead Redemption, which was great, and L.A. Noire, which I heard was good, although I never played it.

Finally, there's no lack of inspiration and level design for this game. They're already created GTA San Andreas, so all they need to do now is modernize it (as the original was set in the '90s, I believe) and include a different theme. Basically, they're going to innovate everything and account for all the issues people had with San Andreas.

For instance, look at this picture from the trailer:
Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread Grand-theft-auto-v-20111102093619237

Compare it to this one from San Andreas:
Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread 72804_5ba506007a6bc2364d7b

The story in GTA 4 had a definitive theme and all kinds of symbolism, all of which made it more interesting and unique. The theme for this one appears to be that Hollywood/California dreams are misleading and corrupt, whereas GTA 4 was more about the American Dream's frailty in a world of crime and violence. It isn't really about mindlessly killing people anymore. The protagonist in GTA 4 can pretty much go through the whole game without killing any pedestrians 'cause he actually wants to just live a normal life. In the end, one of the choices you can make involves him trying to settle down with his gf, but that kinda fails and he has to stereotypically go on a revenge mission.

Anyway, you get the point. Crazy
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:24 am

Don't kid yourself, it's still all about mindlessly killing people. You know that's how you're going to end up playing it and don't even try to convince me otherwise 'cause then we'll all know what a big fat liar you are.

...And you know you're gonna steal that *****'s money after you've have your fun.

They're just cramming in as much nonsense into those games as possible, kinda like how Microsoft crams in as many features as they can into their crappy products thinking that overloading it with features somehow makes it better. And oooh, aah, it has impressive visuals. Big deal, so does every other recent game.

Far as physics goes, GTA has always had more arcade style physics, amped up more for enjoyment than real world style car chases. To me, Driver's physics are more realistic from the way the cars handle to the crashes and damage and such. There's nothing wrong with arcade driving physics, I just don't like it.

Theicecreaman wrote:Also, they made Red Dead Redemption, which was great, and L.A. Noire, which I heard was good, although I never played it.

Good for them... doesn't mean they can make a good driving game though. But let's see... Ubisoft made Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Brothers in Arms, and the classic Prince of Persia games. Just to name a few. I win.

Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 pm

I will mindlessly kill people, but I'm just saying that you don't have to do that do play the game. Also, L.A. Noire had an important driving component, and RDR had great physics for horses/carriages. Like I said, the physics engine is completely different from when you either played or saw somebody play games before GTA 4! Driving is just like it is in real life, minus the few changes that make it easier to get back on track after an accident. Far Cry's driving paled in comparison (as well as that of Driver).

Alright, well, we could go on forever about which series is better, but let's just settle this argument. You're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how prejudiced or outdated it is!

And just one final note: people actually complained about GTA 4's physics being overly realistic. Trust me, I have all the GTA's past GTA 3, and I've played GTA 1 and 2 many years ago. It's nothing like those.

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 am

Theicecreaman wrote:I will mindlessly kill people, but I'm just saying that blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Also, blah blah blah L.A. Noire blah blah blah, and RDR blah blah blah blah blah. Like I said, the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah GTA 4! Driving blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah accident. Far Cry's blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Driver.

Alright, well, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, but let's just settle this argument. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah !

And just one final note: blah blah blah blah GTA 4's blah blah blah blah blah blah blah . Trust me, blah blah blah GTA's blah blah GTA 3, and blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah blah.

Coffee
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:38 am

Agree to disagree.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Have you played Parallel Lines or San Francisco? 'cause I have played GTA 4 and it was still everything I never liked about the GTA series. Way too much going on, and in the end it's all just about running people over and blowing them up with ever increasingly large guns. It's not a driving game, it's a "mindlessly killing people like a gangster" simulator.

Like I've said before, if that's your cup of tea then fine, but don't try to convince me it's a better driving game when it's not even about the cars.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Theicecreaman wrote:The physics in GTA 4 were great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZOGsW1-sM#t=01m01s

Yup. Great physics.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:49 pm

And of course the car explodes at the end, how typically Hollywood. Gas and Cars don't explode like that, sorry Razz

It's a guns and explosions kind of game, not a driving game. Though I admit I would like a swingset like that in my backyard... Panic Attack
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Haha c'mon who doesn't know about the ol' swingset glitch?

I never played the newest Driver because it looks so stupid haha. I mean really, randomly teleporting into people's minds? That's silly. I have played Driver 3, and it's nowhere as fun as San Andreas was.

Besides,
Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate wrote:in the end it's all just about running people over and blowing them up with ever increasingly large guns.
Since when is that a bad thing? lol

Well, this thread is now officially for people such as me who support GTA V and wish R* the best of luck in developing it further.

So, in layman's terms,
Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate + Loki = banned from further posting here
Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate = evil
Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate = banned from further posting here - Loki
evil = banned from further posting here - Loki
banned from further posting here = evil + Loki
Loki = evil
therefore,
banned from further posting here = 2Loki
going back to the original equation,
Wonk+ Loki = 2Loki
Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate = Loki
= (1/2)banned from further posting here (because you're still an admin, so therefore you can still technically post here)

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:32 pm

What.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:49 pm

Translation: Hissy Fit
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:39 pm

The only semi-logical conclusion I came to was that I wasn't allowed to post in here anyway but I guess I was wrong with that one :C
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:25 pm

You guys need to man up and realize that just because you don't like something doesn't mean that other people also don't.

I mean, if I remember correctly, Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate isn't a big football fan. Neither am I. But you don't see me going around talking about how pointless it is to sit in front of a T.V. every day watching it when you could go outside and do that very thing.

I'm not a fan of the news and neither is Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate, but you don't see me going up to my friends and relatives who watch politics channels 24/7 practically and call them "real-life dramas" and saying: "stop wasting your time." (well, assume I don't)

I mean, I could go on, but I'm used to being reasonable about these things. We're all entitled to our own opinions, so I'll say it again: agree to disagree.

I know it's hard to make jokes over the internet without people misunderstanding, but you guys seriously need to lighten up haha.

Here, now I change the topic because my brain no longer cares about arguing this further. After all, I've been on the server long enough to remember one of the bot's emotes: the one about arguing with an idiot.

nah, man, i'm just kidding. it's like I tell people: we're all idiots constantly arguing amongst ourselves.

don't even get me started on governments..a friend of mine actually just sent me a news article concerning governments and I replied with more than you'll ever need to know...

anyways, back to changing the topic.

hmm...what will appease the stubborn but insightful Wonkman....

how about I divert your attention with..

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:29 am

Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread 2lv23qv

Snippet from my list of Steam games. I've played 3 & SA too (hell, even GTA1 but that was so long ago I can't even remember.) Loved them very much. Can't play IV because me PC is meh at best. I don't like how it's deviated so much from what GTA actually means. It's hardly about GTA anymore but that's a small dislike.
I enjoyed the senseless violence and somewhat real yet funny storylines that all of them contained but I can go try out Saints Row if I want the senseless part.

What I found downright hilarious though is that you've gone and typed a whole lot of tl;dr (I really didn't read anything except the first paragraph) for something that, quite frankly, doesn't deserve it.
It's a trailer showcasing some fancy graphics and nothing of gameplay. I've come to really detest the mentality that graphics make a great game. So far, all there for this is a f*ckton of speculation.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 am

Have you guys (excluding Loki) never heard of Saints Row 3 or something? It basically makes the GTA series obsolete in my mind Rolling Eyes

Oh so good *drools*
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah, as I said in the other thread, Saints Row looks promising. That video itself just looks awesome. Dildo bats ftw.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:27 pm

I can't wait to have some free time to play both it and Skyrim.. should happen for me in about a year Crying or Very sad Stoopid university nonsense..
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Sane wrote:And of course the car explodes at the end, how typically Hollywood. Gas and Cars don't explode like that, sorry Razz

Oh c'mon everyone knows that if u crash or shoot a car, it's gonna asplode Rolling Eyes

As for Saint's Row... HOW DARE ANYONE MENTION SAINT'S ROW IN A GTA THREAD!!!

I jk. Don't really care for these types of games anymore tbh but I will give gta 5 a go, maybe.
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:46 pm

rofl Yeah stop the cross-thread contamination people! This forum is SERIOUS BUSINESS!! gawd.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down