Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread

+3
Wonko the Sane
Theicecreaman
KaiStagon
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread

Post by KaiStagon Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:10 pm

CrazY! wrote:I know! Kai, make a rodian pinata! Twisted Evil
LOL You'd need to actually model that, no way could I do that in radiant.

Lakitu is laki-done.
KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Characters11
I can make his camera functional in game. Very Happy

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 517

Back to top Go down

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:24 pm

Oh that's cool.. imagine those floating around everywhere and then some kind of control center with live views of different areas from the floating cameras Drooling

... And BUTTONS to wreak HAVOC on anybody unfortunate enough to be in the way! Kung Fu
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Sounds similar to your least favorite map: Forest House.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I Agree <-With him too.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 pm

.... this one won't have trees you can walk through, lighting that doesn't light up anything, and missing textures though will it. Thumbs Down
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:30 pm

Theres an idea! We will add a special area just for that purpose!
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:12 pm

KaiStagon wrote:Ok so today I did something totally new. I modeled some characters! Well it wasn't entirely new, I did model a cow for my southpark map.

Anyway, I'm by no means a modeler, and GTK isn't a program for modeling. So these models aren't good by model standards. But for map patch work, I think they're pretty damn good.

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Characters2
List of characters: Penguin Mom, Toad, Shy Guy, Koopa Troopa, cannon Bomb-Omb, Goomba, Boo, & last but certainly not least- Chain Chomp.

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Characters
CHOMP CHOMP!!

It took 5ish hours, 6 David Bowie albums, and a chocolate milkshake to do the textures and then mess with the patchwork in the editor. Some of them are iffy- I'm definitely not finished with the Goomba, I think I have to modify the texture a bit. The Boo also needs some work- the face looks a bit stretchy. I'm not 100% happy with the Toad, but I messed with him the longest and this is the best I can get 'im. And the ones I am happy with far outnumber those guys- I think the koopa, penguin, shy guy, bomb omb, and chain chomp turned out phenomenal.

I think I may attempt a yoshi and possibly a bowser model. They would be really awesome to have. The yoshi is probably way more doable than bowser though- but no promises on either.
I LOVE TOAD! ITS MY FAVE MARIO! I Agree woohoo mj Dance Rock Band Party Time DJ
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:34 am

Theicecreaman wrote:Sounds similar to your least favorite map: Forest House.
Thats because its an idea Shroom originally had for a conceptual map--- the spawn area was going to be a hallway with camera portals so players could see which arenas had players in them so large maps could have flowing gameplay. Binger and Ook modified his idea and changed it from "being able to teleport to populated areas quickly" to "being able to close a gate... from far away... k."

Thanks for the comments guys Very Happy I have to put my mapping on hold for a bit though, so there won't be any updates for a bit.

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:59 pm

Oh, making us wait to build suspense! Very tricky, but I'm on to you! Taping Toe
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Sat May 09, 2009 8:57 am

KaiStagon wrote:Ok so today I did something totally new. I modeled some characters! Well it wasn't entirely new, I did model a cow for my southpark map.

Anyway, I'm by no means a modeler, and GTK isn't a program for modeling. So these models aren't good by model standards. But for map patch work, I think they're pretty damn good.

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Characters2
List of characters: Penguin Mom, Toad, Shy Guy, Koopa Troopa, cannon Bomb-Omb, Goomba, Boo, & last but certainly not least- Chain Chomp.

KaiStagon's Maps Download Thread - Page 2 Characters
CHOMP CHOMP!!

It took 5ish hours, 6 David Bowie albums, and a chocolate milkshake to do the textures and then mess with the patchwork in the editor. Some of them are iffy- I'm definitely not finished with the Goomba, I think I have to modify the texture a bit. The Boo also needs some work- the face looks a bit stretchy. I'm not 100% happy with the Toad, but I messed with him the longest and this is the best I can get 'im. And the ones I am happy with far outnumber those guys- I think the koopa, penguin, shy guy, bomb omb, and chain chomp turned out phenomenal.

I think I may attempt a yoshi and possibly a bowser model. They would be really awesome to have. The yoshi is probably way more doable than bowser though- but no promises on either.
What skinning program is that?
Da Llama
Da Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sat May 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Not a skinning program. It's the same program he uses for mapping.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Sun May 10, 2009 6:42 am

Really?! Wow. Didnt know you could do that. I thought you needed Photoshop or MS Paint. Very Happy
Da Llama
Da Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Wed May 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Da Llama wrote:Really?! Wow. Didnt know you could do that. I thought you needed Photoshop or MS Paint. Very Happy
You mean for the textures? I use Corel Graphics Suite x4, which includes Corel Draw and Corel Photo Paint. It's the same program the animators of South Park use Surprised

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

KaiStagon wrote:
Da Llama wrote:Really?! Wow. Didnt know you could do that. I thought you needed Photoshop or MS Paint. Very Happy
You mean for the textures? I use Corel Graphics Suite x4, which includes Corel Draw and Corel Photo Paint. It's the same program the animators of South Park use Surprised
Dont they use Macromedia flash to do animate south park?
Da Llama
Da Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 pm

Wikipedia says recent seasons use corel almost exclusively, while this site says corel's only one of the programs they use
http://www.spscriptorium.com/SPinfo/MakingOfSouthPark.htm

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Thu May 21, 2009 10:10 am

Hm. Alright, here's the deal. I'm going to recompile South Park because one effect wasn't entered correctly, finish lighting on Bikini Bottom, and make minimal changes to SM64. Then I think I'm retiring. Mapping has always been a form of stress release for me, but lately it feels like a stressor. As a hobby, I may choose to continue working on SM64, but odds are it would be for fun only and never see release.

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu May 21, 2009 2:06 pm

You certainly don't want to turn something that used to be fun into something that's a pain to do. Post whatever you do finish up here and I'll plop it on the server for everybody to enjoy.

I'm sure you can find less stressful ways to continue mapping, like helping with the designing and planning of the School of Cake map, if people are even still working on that.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Blast from the past!

ShroomDuck map pack V2.0 with Skin Pack coming soon! Now with added anti-oxidants! Includes fixes from several maps, and new additions!

Fixes:

Ook's Haunt-Replaced textures on Ook's Haunt. Ook left the community and took the .map of Ook's Haunt with him, so this is the best I can do.

duel_sdyavin- even though no one plays this, I fixed the fog brushes to give the map more bearable lighting.

ctf_boognish mines- I added clip brushes in the aqua duct areas so that you can slide down them much easier. This map is too big and complex for its own good though, and I doubt anyone will be playing it anyway :C

ffa_sdstar- removed the droid sound in the hangar. That guy was pretty annoying- what was I thinking?!

bespin ruins- replaced with the more stable version "bespin ruins v6" which was available on THC's forums. Once the pack is released, you can delete the bespinruinsv6.pk3 if you have it.

duel_pinworld- no one plays this one either, but the missing texture on the one pin was replaced.

ADDITIONAL MAPS:
ffa_southpark- Very Happy

Big Hill- in the beginning, the map "puerto de drahcir" had two minigame areas: big cannon and big hill. Big hill has a "last man standing" gametype where players try to launch cannonballs at a player standing on the top of a hill. Made by Drahcir.

Sirhc's Bowling- I love this map. Originally, it was supposed to be included in the SD pack, but Sirhc wanted to release it on his own. He was going to update it a bit for a v2 in the pack, but I haven't heard from him in months. I'm going to "rerelease" his map with this pack, so if you have sirhc's bowling you can delete that once you download this.

ffa_bikinibototm- I still have to light this bastard.

Note on SM64: I'm not sure if I want to release an update to this map for the pack, but it may be released individually.

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 pm

KaiStagon wrote:ctf_boognish mines- I added clip brushes in the aqua duct areas so that you can slide down them much easier. This map is too big and complex for its own good though, and I doubt anyone will be playing it anyway :C

Hey, we use that one all the time!!

KaiStagon wrote:ffa_sdstar- removed the droid sound in the hangar. That guy was pretty annoying- what was I thinking?!

Oh thank heavens.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Sounds great, Kai, can't wait to check out the improvements.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Sun May 31, 2009 4:42 am

You will submit for upgrading after the release...

But let's see it first!
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2