Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

2 posters

Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Empty Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Post by Shinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Was surprised to find out about this last night, turns out the first two episodes are going to be released tomorrow on Machinima.

WILL IT BE GOOD, WILL IT BE SHITE? PLACE YOUR BETS NAOW!

(somewhat unrelated)
Spoiler:
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 pm

I think it's actually going to be a good show. It sounds like it'll have more action than the original (remake) BSG, which I liked, and hopefully less of a drama focus than Caprica, which I didn't bother with because of that.

Either way, though, I'm definitely not watching this as it airs. I learned that with BSG. It was awful the couple times I tried watching it while it was airing because not enough happened plot-wise from episode to episode. It was very annoying that they would just start getting somewhere, then the episode would end. Then the next time, they would think about getting to where they almost got to last time, but first this other stuff had to happen. Then after that, you may remember about where they were supposed to be going, but the writers had apparently forgotten. Or so they wanted you to think, 'cause that's the only way they know of to keep you watching.

So I'm assuming this will be the same way, meaning you're better off waiting for the entire series to end and watching it all at once.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Post by Shinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 pm

I'll probably just end up watching the two eps that come out tomorrow because I'm weak Sad
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Well report back and let us know if they're any good.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Well now! There's been 6 episodes of the series released so far. They've definitely done a good job making it feel like part of the BSG universe. The CGI is all nice and shiny and they throw in the odd "Frak" enough times. The music has that BSG feel seeing as it's the same composer, which is great.

I have to say though that the dialogue doesn't really seem too great so far, a lot of the actors manage to pull it off but the acting from the kid who's supposed to be portraying William Adama just seems lacking and kinda awkward at times. Not necessarily his fault on the dialogue front but they do seem to have made him a little too serious. I dunno, the combination of the overly serious acting and wooden dialogue is just a bit too unrealistic from my perspective. This is pretty much the only problem I have with the show though, and the only thing that makes it uncharacteristic of Battlestar Galactica. The story seems to be going somewhere and is quite interesting so I'll probably keep watching for that.

I'd be interested to know what anyone else thinks about it Razz
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 pm

He was a pretty serious dude in the main series though, but I haven't seen Blood & Chrome yet. I saw that they're going to release it as a 2 hour movie once all the episodes air. I'm planning on waiting for that and watching it then.

You've actually got me pretty excited to watch it though. Does it have a lot more action? Lots of space battles? Love those Vipers Very Happy I always thought the way they moved in space was so much more realistic than Star Wars or Star Trek or, really, any other space show. Except Firely, the little shuttle thing moves exactly the same way in Firefly 'cause Joss Whedon is brilliant.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 am

There has been a lot of action so far with dem vipers and stuff and the physics is definitely still there Wink The CGI looks very crisp and shiny too.

Concerning the acting, I dunno. There's just something about it that doesn't seem right. Some of it doesn't make sense and it does seem to be overly serious at times. Actor to actor interactions seem kinda detached from one another, I dunno how else to describe it. There's not been any light hearted acting between characters so far like in the main series. Like the acting between Apollo and Starbuck wasn't always serious and had those jokey moments that made things seem more natural, there's been a noticeable lack of acting like that for me. BUT YEAH apart from that it's been pretty good so far Razz
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:54 am

Could it be that way just because they're making it in very short episodes you think?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 am

That occurred to me as well but I still think there's definitely places where they could've improved certain interactions... Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome 286634
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down