Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft

+4
Acrobat
Loki
Wonko the Sane
Cap'nJackSparrow
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Minecraft - Page 4 Empty Re: Minecraft

Post by Loki Wed May 14, 2014 6:08 pm

I saw that on Reddit a while back. What did they expect? o_O
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri May 16, 2014 1:39 pm

So.  I went a little nuts with TNT underground.  Then decided a cave befitting the Underworld deserved all manner of hellish creatures.

Minecraft - Page 4 2014-010

That there is an Ender Dragon being chased by three Withers, while Giants lurk below and Ghasts float above.

Minecraft - Page 4 2014-011
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Anybody ever try out the TerraFirmaCraft mod? I just started playing that and boy is it tough. You start out in the stone age as a caveman knapping your tools out of stone and eventually cast metal tools. Later on it seems you work higher tiers of metal tools in forges, but I'm not there yet.

I died so many times just trying to find a cave to shelter in...
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:34 pm

So I just finished building this awesome redstone contraption that may or may not be a super secret hidden staircase down into a top secret basement.   Cool  30 pistons in total and so much redstone wiring to push the blocks back and forth and up and down and sideways and slantways and all over the place.  Here's all the wiring hidden behind the super secret area:

Minecraft - Page 4 2014-111

I've always loved making hidden passages.  I've made batman style bookshelf doors that open up and Indiana Jones stone walls that push in and slide open.  I had a great staircase on the old server that opened with some real style, pushing one step up at a time.  This is probably the most complicated one I've made yet.  Opens with the push of a button and automatically closes itself behind you. Sherlock

The wiring in the background on the right in that screenshot handles the auto-close and making sure each series of pistons fires in the right order.

Minecraft - Page 4 2014-112 Minecraft - Page 4 2014-113
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Grimlore posted a thing asking about the server but then deleted it and decided to PM me instead.  I figured I'll answer it here in case anyone else is wondering the same thing:

So there was this whole big hooplah with Bukkit recently and, as a result, it's not being maintained anymore.  I had to shut that server down until that either gets resolved and Bukkit comes back (probably never will) or another good solution appears out of nowhere (none of the current options are all that good).  The server that I have up now isn't really public at the moment because it's pure vanilla and is completely lacking all the protections, separate worlds, and all the other things necessary for a public server like I had on the old one.

So for now we wait.  Spigot seems to have tried to replace Bukkit but, from what I hear, it's a bit buggy in its implementation and tries to add too many unnecessary things.  Sponge is a thing that's being worked on, but it's built on top of Forge which is not the most lightweight thing around.  And then there's the mythical native Minecraft API which may or may not be released alongside the second coming when the siren cows are seen riding on the backs of flying pigs up through a frozen hell wailing the songs of their people.

So... Shrug
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:22 pm

This makes me sad, I'd love to play Minecraft with you guys. Sad 

Hissy Fit
Grimlore
Grimlore

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Wonko the Sane wrote:Grimlore posted a thing asking about the server but then deleted it and decided to PM me instead.  I figured I'll answer it here in case anyone else is wondering the same thing:

So there was this whole big hooplah with Bukkit recently and, as a result, it's not being maintained anymore.  I had to shut that server down until that either gets resolved and Bukkit comes back (probably never will) or another good solution appears out of nowhere (none of the current options are all that good).  The server that I have up now isn't really public at the moment because it's pure vanilla and is completely lacking all the protections, separate worlds, and all the other things necessary for a public server like I had on the old one.

So for now we wait.  Spigot seems to have tried to replace Bukkit but, from what I hear, it's a bit buggy in its implementation and tries to add too many unnecessary things.  Sponge is a thing that's being worked on, but it's built on top of Forge which is not the most lightweight thing around.  And then there's the mythical native Minecraft API which may or may not be released alongside the second coming when the siren cows are seen riding on the backs of flying pigs up through a frozen hell wailing the songs of their people.

So... Shrug

If you wrote this fifteen years ago, they'd have you committed.  Vader
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 pm

Who says I didn't? Who says they didn't?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:50 am

Wonko the Sane wrote:Who says I didn't?  Who says they didn't?
Not you. And definitely not them!

Grimlore wrote:This makes me sad, I'd love to play Minecraft with you guys. Sad 

Hissy Fit
Dude, if u had of been more active on here then maybe you would have. Just sayin...  Cool
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum