Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS3? Worth it?

+6
Tanis
Da Llama
PaidByDeath
Theicecreaman
Oram
Loki
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PS3? Worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: PS3? Worth it?

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 am

I'd direct you to all the figures that show just how much the Wii outsold both the 360 and PS3 since it's launch, but that would probably show I'm a geek for knowing that stuff...

Seriously, since it launched, the Wii has basically had a stranglehold on the game markets. The 360 and PS3 have sold decently, but never in the same league as the Wii. It's only this year that the PS3 has actually started to catch up and slightly overtake the Wii for the first time. It didn't last long I might add. Fact, I still remember in 2007 when the PS2 still outsold the PS3 in America. THAT made me laugh.

You say that people will buy it because it's Sony. Yeah, those die hard Sony fan boys may, but most casual/ordinary gamers have been put off by the humungous price tag and the general bad press the PS3 has received since its inception. For most gamers, the Wii is seen as a safer bet due to all the good press it's had, and the fact that it caters for many types of players at once. The 360, while it's had problems, is seen as safe as it's Microsoft, which many people see as a reliable company. That may not be true, but the appearance still sells consoles.

All in all, I'd be suprised if the PS3 won this generation. It suffered way too many bad blows to its image when it was released, and it hasn't recovered. The 360 could still prove to be the dark horse that overthrows the Wii's stranglehold, but until the reliability issues are addressed, that ain't going to happen. I think we're stuck with the Wiimote being the next DualShock controller...
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 am

Wii advertises to a wider audience and sells at a decent price tag. But I wouldnt really call it a next gen console. Since nintendo games dont demand the best graphics ever, it suits it fine. I will never buy one tho Very Happy
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Tue May 26, 2009 10:50 am

Then I despise you, but on that issue only...

jk XD
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue May 26, 2009 11:57 am

Respect to the Wii Joystick
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2