Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid

3 posters

Go down

New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid Empty New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid

Post by Acrobat Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:13 am

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/158824-haswell-e-to-offer-ddr4-support-up-to-eight-cores-in-2014

Leaked slides suggest that Intel‘s Haswell-E will ship in the back half of 2014, with support for the nascent DDR4 standard, 40 lanes of PCI-Express 3.0 connectivity (likely in an x16/x16/x8 configuration), and, in a first for Intel, up to octal-core CPUs.
This feature set would make Haswell-E a major upgrade to the upcoming Ivy Bridge-E, due later this year. That chip is expected to serve as a drop-in replacement for Sandy Bridge-E, which debuted in 2011 along with the X79 chipset. The X79 chipset is already showing its age, with just two USB 3.0 ports and inconsistent support for PCIe 3.0 (Intel’s own motherboards don’t support PCIe 3.0 on X79, and the company claims that this is an unofficial mode). Wellsburg will solve this rather neatly.

------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR4_SDRAM

What is DDR4 ram vs. DDR3 (current gen)

[quote=Its primary benefits compared to DDR3 include a higher range of clock frequencies and data transfer rates (2133–4266 MT/s compared to DDR3's 800 and higher[5][6][7]) and lower voltage (1.05–1.2 V for DDR4,[6] compared to 1.2–1.65 V for DDR3) with current remaining the same.[8] DDR4 also anticipates a change in topology. It discards the multiple DIMMs per channel approach in favor of a point-to-point topology where each channel in the memory controller is connected to a single DIMM.[6][9] Switched memory banks are also an anticipated option for servers.[6]][/quote]

New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid Haswell-e4

Acrobat

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid Empty Re: New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:51 pm

This is a very informative post, Acrobat.  Nice to see you're populating our forum with tech talk.  

If I might make a suggestion, some non-techie people (such as me) might appreciate a little less jargon, say, below the main paragraphs that say something like, "Thing 2 is better than thing 1 because x is being improved."

Just for the few dumbos like me who see these types of posts as something like this:
New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid Alphabetum
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid Empty Re: New intel chips in the 2nd half of 2014Leaked slid

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:28 am

Wow, so I've never taken Latin or anything like it. I guessed that top line was Latin and guessed it meant something like "When you are happy, you'll have more friends". My reasoning was something along the lines of "Donec" sounded like "When" based on some weird gut feeling I had. "Eris" looked like the Spanish verb "eras" meaning "you are", and "felix" is a fun loving cat so it must mean some kind of happy right? Then hopefully "multos" and "numerabis" are self-explanatory 'cause "multiply" and "number" are almost exactly the same. "Amicos" is like the Spanish "Amigo", meaning friend.

I stuck it into google translate to see if I was correct and I got all the words right. But the order of them and the tenses and pronouns even Google doesn't seem to be sure of:
"you will be happy until I have many friends"

Kinda neat that I was able to guess all that without having any Latin knowledge at all. Just based it off English and Spanish. I wonder what it actually means though with the proper tenses and pronouns. Sounds like something that should be in a fortune cookie.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down