Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cool game?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cool game? Empty cool game?

Post by Acrobat Sat May 11, 2013 4:07 am

Acrobat

Number of posts : 316

Back to top Go down

cool game? Empty Re: cool game?

Post by blivvy Sat May 11, 2013 11:50 am

cool game.

I was just looking at some more vids of this and I would say that the jk2/jka community will be very interested in this. The dueling system is very similar to jk what with the light, medium & heavy stances, parrying and even wall running lol. The ffa mode looks a lot like jk2 also. People can just hangout on the servers or challenge ppl to duels w/e. It's in alpha atm tho so who knows what will be changed.

Looks interesting.
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 pm

Okay I'm downloading this on steam atm. Gonna try it out and let you guys know how it is.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Tue May 14, 2013 1:11 pm

DLing as well as I am typing. I think it's gonna be good

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue May 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Yea it is a decent game. The dueling takes some more skill and better timing with attacks than jk2/jka. There are some pretty good players around. I've lost way more duels than I've won anyway lol.

Messing around & learned some new tricks Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Tue May 14, 2013 7:23 pm

only had about 5 min to play it cause i had to go to work but it seemed ok.

Probably biggest weakness is that the engine seems so-so.

ID is on their 5th generation right now with that RAGE game and now Wolfenstein 3d game they are making.

Having a fighter with that engine would be the bomb. Best thing about jk2 was always that they chose quake 3 engine which was awesome at the time.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Which engine does this use? It looks so identical to jk3 in terms of the duels and general combat features.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Wed May 15, 2013 12:29 am

Wonko the Sane wrote:Which engine does this use? It looks so identical to jk3 in terms of the duels and general combat features.

Says "Blade Symphony began as a humble Half-Life 2 mod using Valve's Source engine"

Just saying that around 2000 quake 3 was the best engine going and not too many computers could run it well so it set jk2\jka up for a at least a few years of looking state of the art.

This game is an indie game and doesn't have that epic feel to it, but it's still kinda fun.

I played it for 2-3 hours this evening hanging out in the school of war server (from jk3 clan)

Didn't really feel like bothering to duel since I still don't entirely understand what's going on, but it's pretty fun so far.

rough at the edges tho but fun regardless.

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 am

Yea it's still in beta so there's some stuff that will need to be tweaked. I enjoy hanging out on the school of war server. There are some helpful people on there that help out with dueling and tips in general.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm

I like how it seems to almost be what the jk3 combat system would have evolved into if there was a jk4. The silly extra moves they added into jk3 would have evolved into actual tactical type moves that I'm seeing in those videos, and the classes from siege maps would likely have been extended to other game modes just like here.

How's the combat/dueling balance? It sounds like they put some thought into it, unlike jk3.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Thu May 16, 2013 11:33 am

How's the combat/dueling balance? It sounds like they put some thought into it, unlike jk3.

idk I happen to like the jka dueling system but as with anything it gets boring.

I feel both jka and jk2 have more depth than this game. There is kind of a concrete sensation to this game in that I feel like I can't move around well.

But I still think it's fun since it's something different. Plus a new patch came out today. They are adding a fourth class soon, and no one is really sure the correct way to duel so it's fun to experiment (but it's no jk2\jka)

Last edited by Acrobat on Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu May 16, 2013 12:50 pm

I agree. The movement does feel a bit restricted towards jk2/jka. But you still kicked my ass Acro lol. You really have to plan your attacks and try to predict what your oppenent is gonna do. I wonder what the 4th class will be? So far it's like
Judgement - heavy hitting knight
Ryoku - fast hitting agile ninja
Phalanx - fencer which is basically an all rounder for the noobs lol.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Fri May 17, 2013 10:41 am

The three classes remind me of zerg vs. protoss vs. terran from starcraft.

idk I'm starting to like this game more and more as I play it. Can't wait until they add even MORE classes

I wanna see a claw class

cool game? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3jAK-u3k5UslouTTl5wxgKPE3nCoC4yi3QWH-vYfiYj3XbIPXLA

This is the site they use for suggestions\problems
https://getsatisfaction.com/bladesymphony

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri May 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Btw my steam id is riffedge86. Just in case anyone else besides Acro and I pick up the game :p
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Sat May 18, 2013 9:00 am

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am

Nice. There's something about this game that keeps me coming back, just like jk2 did Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrobat Sat May 18, 2013 11:31 am

They have an IRC channel as well

http://punyhumangames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=1811

Basically download the chatzilla plugin.

Then go to that URL they provide

Acrobat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 am

Acrobat wrote:I feel both jka and jk2 have more depth than this game. There is kind of a concrete sensation to this game in that I feel like I can't move around well.

Bought this game and I feel the same. I reckon it's probably due to the choreographed attack motions the character goes through, and the fact that you can't really move too much when those attacks are ongoing. JK2 and JKA allowed for a lot more player controlled movement along with attack motions. I'd say the fighting system is kind of a merger between the jedi knight series and dark souls.

I've only played it for just under 2 hours but it doesn't seem like a bad game. Just kinda different. It's a shame there's so few players actually on the servers at any one time (hopefully to improve closer to release), and I always seem to have a ridiculous ping even on Euro servers Crying or Very sad
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 am

Someone suggested making it a f2p game which wouldn't really be a bad idea cause it would get a lot more players. Only the bad thing about f2p is, it usually means pay to win Mad
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri May 31, 2013 5:59 pm

If it were a f2p game and they made it so you could just hang out and have some fun duels and such without having to pay, that would be pretty cool.

There are super competitive people who will pay to have the best gear or skills or whatever, and then there's the rest who just want to have some fun hanging out with friends and don't care if it takes forever to gain new skills. It could work.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:30 pm

http://www.blade-symphony.com/news/

New patch is out. Added a bunch of fixes and new stuff, including bots that duel cheers
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:26 pm

I really need to download this and check it out. How populated is it?

I'm also curious if the same thing that happened to jk2 will happen, where servers started turning into virtual chat rooms basically. Does it do private chat like that? Not that there's anything wrong with that, sometimes you need a break from the dueling to just catch up with people.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:03 am

I ALREADY SAID HOW POPULATED IT WAS WONKOS GEEZ YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO READ

Shinja wrote:It's a shame there's so few players actually on the servers at any one time

LOOK I SAID IT AT THIS BIT OK? tongue
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Well there are always people on the servers when I go on but I 've never seen a full server or anything like that. 

Ffa servers like School of War for example, are basically for hanging out & talking with casual duels. You go on the duel servers to rank up and earn notes (in game currency) which you can spend on new swords or customization parts for characters.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:41 pm

YEESH Shinji, no need to shout at me okay!  Maybe I was asking if it has gotten more attention since the update.  Did you ever think of THAT???  HUH???

So has the game started to develop clans and communities and all that too?  How does it balance people who have purchased new abilities and swords with people who play a little more casually?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next