Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Game Releases

+14
BuZz
Sidious
makcim
masterchief
time
Link
Trey
Grimlore
KaiStagon
Bugenhagen
Cap'nJackSparrow
Lucario*)WoN(~Donuts~
Da Llama
Loki
18 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

New Game Releases - Page 16 Empty Re: New Game Releases

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:58 am

Just beat the first level, just to make sure I'm still sane.

http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/super_mario_brothers_flash

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah that's not Mario Brothers. I don't know what that is.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 am

blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:42 pm

This game looks great. I think I'll purchase it when the price lowers decently.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am

Theicecreaman wrote:This game looks great.  I think I'll purchase it when the price lowers decently.  

Guessing you wouldn't go all in and get the super duper expensive Collector's Edition like I am?

Geez that's a shame. Sad 

I thought together on Xbox or something we'd leave the enemy in Ace of spades s.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Afraid I have a PS3.  I'm not a Microsoft person.

As for the special edition, I didn't even know it existed until you mentioned it: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Special-Edition-Playstation-3/dp/B00CY92XU0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373474551&sr=8-2&keywords=gta+5

It looks like they're putting a couple extra goodies in that one.  I don't think I'm going for it lol.  

I love how bad GTA 4 looks in comparison lol.  When I bought that game, I was like...holy shit, it is not possible to have better graphics and gameplay controls.  Now it just looks so bad in comparison. 

Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire were like "trial" games for the new, more fluid control system, as well as graphics improvements.  They improved what was wrong with GTA 4, even if you didn't even realize it.  I'm pretty psyched for this one.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm just going for regular edition of GTA 5 too. Not really bothered with any of that extra stuff in the special edition. And I bought the hardened edition of Black Ops II when it came out, which was nice. It came with a steel box, nuketown mp & zombie maps and coins that had codes to download the soundtrack & bonus camo etc. But then they released the nuketown maps to everyone lol and still have to pay extra for dlc. Not sure if it was worth it.

I was disappointed with GTA 4 when it came out. It was like a step backwards from San Andreas. Sure the graphics were a lot better but all that fun crazy stuff was taken out cause they wanted to make it more realistic Rolling Eyes  I missed being able to have dogfights in fighter jets and parachuting out before it exploded lol. And ofc customizing cars and monster trucks Very Happy

GTA 5 seems to have most of that stuff. Not sure about the moster truck though... Please let their be a monster truck!
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

To express how rich 'Muricans (kidding I am not) I'm gettin mah Collector's Edition.

It comes with a free hat (Thumbs Up for hats!), and some free vehicles. One car and a bike for singleplayer, and a electric car in multiplayer to make other players eat my dust..and some free "Classic GTA characters".

How could I resist? Cookie Monster Oreo Cookie
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:18 pm

That sucks about Black Ops II, Bliv. Why the hell did they make you pay extra for DLC when you bought the special edition of the game? That is totally stupid.

I don't think Rockstar will do that with GTA 5, but I think they'll have to offer much more for me to shell out the extra bucks. Maybe a coupon voucher for future DLC? Something totally badass?

Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by makcim Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:27 am

Hello my name is max I want will join your clan Very Happy

makcim

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 am

Theicecreaman wrote:That sucks about Black Ops II, Bliv.  Why the hell did they make you pay extra for DLC when you bought the special edition of the game?  That is totally stupid.  

I don't think Rockstar will do that with GTA 5, but I think they'll have to offer much more for me to shell out the extra bucks.  Maybe a coupon voucher for future DLC? Something totally badass?

Funny thing is when I bought the limited edition of Battlefield 3 (which was the same price as the regular edition) I could download the 1st dlc pack for free when it came out.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 am

makcim wrote:Hello my name is max I want will join your clan Very Happy

Hi Max!  We aren't a clan so there's really nothing to join.  Anybody is welcome to take part in the discussions on our forums or play on our servers!  cheers
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Howdy! Have fun on our forums and be sure to check out the server if you have JK2 or JKA!
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:06 am

Hey there. Yes do check out the servers, the bots are very friendly Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 am

He lies. Lies like a rug.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm

blivvy wrote:
Theicecreaman wrote:That sucks about Black Ops II, Bliv.  Why the hell did they make you pay extra for DLC when you bought the special edition of the game?  That is totally stupid.  

I don't think Rockstar will do that with GTA 5, but I think they'll have to offer much more for me to shell out the extra bucks.  Maybe a coupon voucher for future DLC? Something totally badass?

Funny thing is when I bought the limited edition of Battlefield 3 (which was the same price as the regular edition) I could download the 1st dlc pack for free when it came out.

That's what their plan was for BF3 blivvy, and possibly their plan for BF4 for when players punch in their code for the China Rising pack upon firing up their system. The people inside of EA/Dice figured for the best of the players, it's better to give a code that grants them access to it rather then just giving it to them, so they could just fire up BF3 and download B2K right away.

@ice If they do the stupid thing some devs/publshers start to do which is Season Passes (really useless), it'd be a pain in the butt for me because I feel it defeats waiting in a way. Then again what Activision did with BO2 still makes my skin crawl..slightly. Banging Head   

What they did with their SP was give it to those holding SPs first, then later give it to the players that couldn't afford/didn't purchase the Season Pass ($50, NO THANKS!) I guess sure the SP isn't a bad thing to have; But $50 per SP was not ok in my book. Sure Microsoft prices theirs about $25-$30, which is still steep by a margin, but it's better than $50 for Activision's greasy pockets.

But overall I wouldn't be too stressed they might do Season Passes for GTA ice, I'm only hoping it won't be overpriced like some are presenting themselves to be. (I'm looking at YOU BO2)

/End Ranting  

With ranting to the side, I'm psyched I get a free car for GTA Online..I'll probably let Alice ride shotgun. Sorry blivvy, you have to be my backseat driver. Razz
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Yeah, GTA 5 definitely won't have any season passes.  That's just the kind of thing they like to satirize in their games anyways, corporate bullshit and all.

Their recent gameplay video really succeeded in terms of views online.  I think they'll make a boatload of money from preorder sales.  I'm sure the DLC will be something along the lines of playing as another character in the city, which somehow ties into the game's central plot, like with the DLC from GTA 4.  However, one other possibility could be a whole entire new city using the same updated engine that will run GTA 5.  This is basically analogous to the jump from GTA 3 to Vice City and then to San Andreas.  Instead of proceeding with a GTA 6, they will most likely just do another city and story using the same engine because, let's be honest, it looks totally awesome.  

Granted, the jump from San Andreas to GTA 4 was tremendous=-and GTA 4 had extremely high critical  acclaim--but many people, Blivvy included, thought it wasn't as fun as San Andreas due to a lack of variety and, let's be honest, nothing to do after beating the game.  The other problem with GTA 4 was that the control system lacked a certain fluidity to it.  It was fine for the time the game was released (2008), but 5 years later, it isn't good enough.  Like I mentioned previously, Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire were the two "beta" or "trial" periods where Rockstar had the opportunity to perfect the engine (shooting and driving and such).  It is inarguable that shooting in RDR is better than GTA 4, and most people seem to agree that driving was better in L.A. Noire.  

So essentially, come September, we can expect a game with kickass graphics, a compelling story, fluid controls, and freedom to do whatever the hell we want in a large, nicely detailed city
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 am

Dat---^

Plus in the Collector's Edition you get a code for some DLC allowing you to "Play as Classic GTA characters" in GTA Online. The characters that they are gonna put in is sorta stuck in silence; meaning that us CE owners would have to use em and find out who's included, the only Hint of this was a pic of Niko..it could possibly include protagonists from other GTAs.

True though on what you said. I've honestly never got my hands on GTA IV til a bit of time ago, I've sold it in order to pay off preorders of course. Razz
Playing GTA IV (with some guidance from a friend with experience with the game); I've tried my hand on the shooting and driving, results were mixed. But then the puzzle pieces were coming together. From Red Dead, we did get some revamped gunplay. I really loved the fluidity on how if you just a few steps or so away from cover, John Marston would slide over to that piece of cover and you're ready to take some heat. Deadeye lvl 3 with Free-Aim was a luxury as I could just queue a bunch of Hd-Shots (or disarm a bunch of goons), and Michael's special ability was designed to do almost just like that.

From L.A. Noire some revamped driving was unexpectedly great; cars felt more fluidly responsive to my constant smashing of my Left T-Stick, and you'd probably go crazy from being in a room with me having the volume up full and blasting a siren up and down LA.

From Max Payne 3 some even more revamped gunplay (by a bit) was thrown into the fire inside of players to keep em steaming and shooting. Being able to hipfire while moving enabled players to be able to keep shooting while their making sure their legs didn't fail them then. The game even challenged players this way by allowing Max to carry a two armed gun while using a pistol to fire at enemies at the same time. Though if they wished, the player could just stow their pistol(s) and use their shotty. Which brings me to another point; aim turning speed or whatever I am implying. The thing behind this was the lighter a weapon the player is using, the faster it is for them to swing that weapon in directions. Using a two armed weapon like a shotgun or rocket launcher will result in slow aiming, while pistols/one handed SMGs enable fast aiming.

The only thing from MP3 I feel won't be added sadly is "Shootdodging"; while it was fun to jump around a corner and scare the **** out of a camper, I'm sad this mechanic may not show up in GTA V. Sad
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Cloudberry Kingdom. This game doesn't look hard at all Wink
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:25 pm

That moment when you get excited the Inauguration Station for SRIV just came out..for Gold members only on XBL..

F*** you Microsoft.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by masterchief Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Grimlore wrote:That moment when you get excited the Inauguration Station for SRIV just came out..for Gold members only on XBL..

F*** you Microsoft.

bitchin
masterchief
masterchief
Pie Academy Member

Number of posts : 276

http://www.propzone.be

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:09 am

Grimlore wrote:That moment when you get excited the Inauguration Station for SRIV just came out..for Gold members only on XBL..

F*** you Microsoft.

That moment when you don't know wth Inauguration Station or SRIV is...

Yea I never got into Saints Row.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:48 pm

blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 pm

Well GTA Online looks like it's gonna be fun but we won't get it at launch. We'll have to wait until October 1st to download GTA Online but at least it will be free.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 am

That looks awesome.  I never purchase games at launch, but I'll be sure to grab it once the price lowers.  It most likely will by Thanksgiving / xmas time.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down