Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simpsons or Family guy?

5 posters

Go down

Simpsons or family guy?

Simpsons or Family guy? I_vote_lcap30%Simpsons or Family guy? I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Simpsons or Family guy? I_vote_lcap70%Simpsons or Family guy? I_vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 10

Simpsons or Family guy? Empty Simpsons or Family guy?

Post by Da Llama Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:29 pm

I wanted to make this poll to see which is better.
There actually both the same,
But you decide,

Last edited by Da Llama on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Simpsons or Family guy? Empty Re: Simpsons or Family guy?

Post by Bugenhagen Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Family Guy ftw.
Seth Mcfarlane ftw.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 1015

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:16 pm

A Family Guy or American Dad poll would of been better Smile
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:35 am

As much as I love Seth McFarlane-- what with him being an outspoken atheist, supporter of queer rights, and a true intellect deep down-- these finer points of his character do not show in the new episodes of family guy. FG was once nonstop clever, varied humor, but now it's all the same-- sex & celebrity bashing. I'm not naive, I know that both of these things can be incredibly funny when used correctly. However, by sacrificing the variety which used to define Family Guy, it feels more like a half hour of frustration for me.

Now the Simpsons have become something of an American phenomenon. The original seasons defined and set the boundaries for cartoons geared towards an older audience than they once were, and it's obvious that without the simpsons, FG wouldn't be around. While the newer seasons of TS have been considerably lower in quality and humor, the most recent episodes seem to be getting back to the golden mid-late-nineties era of the Simpsons humor I grew up with.

As similar as they are, they're two entirely different animals. If we could redefine the question to "Which show has a tighter grip on present pop culture?", Family Guy is clearly the better show. If we could redefine the question to "Which show is a long-running staple in network television?", Simpsons is the clear winner.

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:22 am

I agree with Kai. Family Guy is an awesome show, but while people seem to like Season 7 more than Season 6, I find Season 7 a little... lackluster compared with the "worse" episodes of Season 6. The first few Season 7 episodes are good, but the quality drops as the season goes on, as if Mr. McFarlane got bored half way through. Still, I find it to be the next step up from The Simpsons, as a more adult comedy, and that's what makes it so good.

Simpsons... The Simpsons will never be as good as in its heyday. While The Simpsons Movie was a welcome return to form, and a laugh to boot, the later seasons just don't match the quality of the old seasons nor the movie. The Simpsons has been going so long I think it's become stagnated; Matt Groening has no reason to come up with new ideas because he knows people will watch the show reguardless of quality. People will watch it just because it's The Simpsons. I think it's time to put The Simpsons to bed for good, maybe with a send-off movie or something. If it goes on much longer, Groening will trash all he created without meaning to.

Now, not mentioned here, but Wallace and Gromit is possibly the best animated comedy I watch. It only has 4 episodes, 1 movie, 10 shorts and 2 spin-off shows to its name, but it makes up for it with quality. Each one of the episodes is lovingly made in "clay-mation," and the humor is always spot on. I don't know if it gets shown in America, and I certainly wouldn't know if you get half the jokes (I know the movie was released over there, but whether you got or understood anything, I don't know), but it is to Britain what the original Simpsons episodes were to America.

Actually, I advise anyone who hasn't seen a Wallace and Gromit episode to watch "A Matter of Loaf and Death," the most recent (released here in Britain on Christmas Day 2008) and the most watched (15 million viewers for a half-hour show when it was on at Christmas; that about 1/5th of Britain), and just let me know how good it was...
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:08 pm

The simpsons movie just wasnt as good as the earlier seasons imho. Its just like a longer episode which started off gud but then kinda goes downhill. It seems they tried to cram too much in to make it funnier but failed
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Lol i hated American Dad.
I know I'm legally probably too young for Family guy, but i do understand some of it's humor and my dad thinks it's hilarious so hearing him laugh makes me laugh even more.

I haven't ever watched a full episode of Simpsons. It's not my fault, I just haven't ever seen it on cable television

And Walace and Gromit only has..4 movies over here. or three shorts and one movie. that's it yea... there are no episodes or anything. still, i did grow up with them, and i found them to be entertaining at the least. i still like them.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 1015

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down