Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2009!

+7
blivvy
PaidByDeath
KaiStagon
X
Theicecreaman
Bugenhagen
Cap'nJackSparrow
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

E3 2009! Empty E3 2009!

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:07 am

Well, this week is E3 2009. It started yesterday with the Microsoft Press conference, and continues today with Nintendo's and Sony's conferences.

So, basically, what are your reactions to the news?

I have to say, my favourite video so far is of No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. That looks freaking awesome... So getting that when it comes out!

Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

E3 2009! Empty Re: E3 2009!

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 am

Well it kinda sucks cause G4 usually hosts it and they aren't with my plan on cable so I have to look on Gamespot and listen to my dad cause he and some friends from work are tech guys (like seriously. he's a computer engineer) and gaming dudes so if he hears anything he'll tell me!

Is there anything yet about Resistance 3?
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 1015

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:32 am

Nope, not yet...
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:41 pm

They just had a shitload of DLC for Resistance 2, and it kinda ends when Hale dies... I don't think they'll introduce a new character any time soon.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:51 pm

L4D2 looks pretty tight

X
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Eh, what I heard about the new Xbox Live features (avatar downloads, game downloads, etc) gives me mixed feelings. How many gamers have enough room on their hard drives to download games? I can fit maybe one on my hard drive. And with expensive storage devices, it just feels awfully expensive. It seems like the 360s future involves coming up with innovative ways to dupe us out of money. :/

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:48 pm

Ice you just gave away the ending to Resistance 2! FFS!

Well I'm grounded from my ps3 at this point in time. Anyone mind tellin me off the top of your head what the DLC for Resistance2 is?
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:51 pm

....Which means you're asking me...
A few weeks ago I think there was a map pack and new skins. They also released two free skins, which I downloaded, for some reason a few days ago. I haven't played Resistance in weeks, and have only played it maybe 10 times in total. I thought it was a waste of money.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks. ha. Most DLC is a big waste of money, that's why i usually dont bother with it unless i'm bored. Skins and stuff if a bunch of stuff to show off online. But the way i like to do it is by ranking up and showing that i am not a noob and literally and virtually kill in that game.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PaidByDeath Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:55 am

Whoever goes to E3, will notice that the new generation of the Xbox is alot like the Nintendo WII (so the it will be) you can dance around the with a controler just playing games swinging it back and forth, they have also introduced voice control, you talk into the mic it loads what you want. Seems like a bit of an unessary novelty to me, but hey probably will appeal to loyal fans of the console.

PaidByDeath
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:15 am

Loyal fans to me reads *Fanboys*

No-one can accuse me of being a fanboy, I have a GameBoy Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PS2, Nintendo Wii, PC.

I cover all the companies just in case Wink
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:22 am

These dont look too bad

blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:25 am

Brutal Legend... Not... Bad?

IT'S FREAKING AWESOME! IT HAS OZZY BLEEDIN' OSBORNE IN IT MAN!

Ahem. Should be a good game. Prototype looks good too, that's out next week in the US.
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 am

JACK BLACK PWNS!!!! !

Star Wars TOR looks good. Fight 1 Fight 2
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:34 pm

GameBoy Colour, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PS2, Nintendo Wii, PC.
Same here! LOL!
Except I had a Nintendo 64 before. Old.
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, that's almost in the order I got them too, just switch PC and DS around.
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 pm

Heh I preordered Prototype and Ghostbusters for the XBOX; when I get to college in September I think I'll also reserve Bioshock2 (out in october wtf!)

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PaidByDeath Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Man when I was a younge kid, I first started out with a Nintendo , which was an Asian version that played imported games, then I got a Sega Mega CD (wasn't that great really), then a Super Nintendo, then a Playstation (chipped and modded) Then a Nintendo 64 which I still have, I sold the Mega drive and the Super NES, but still have the PS1 and N64, and an Xbox upgraded with a chip and software to copy games and movies as such. Geez talk about having a variation, though I was never taken with the PS2 or the 360. I kind of like the idea of the Nintendo WII though, actually being more active with the games, although I'm in no rush to buy one, I may though in the future, unless something better comes out which in actual fact it always seems to just after you've bought something.

PaidByDeath
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:38 am

Hey, my dad's friend at work (i think this is an accurately told story) created a mod or something, or messed with his Wii and when he's looking at his T.V., he can look left and right and see around walls. it's like, the Wii generates a picture(s) that can be looked around, not using the Wii remotes. It's like 3D, or holographic, you know waht i mean? something where you just look right, and u see around the wall and u dont press any buttons or use the remotes. My dad thinks Nintendo is closest to that technology.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PaidByDeath Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Yeah I know what you mean. Thats what the new Xbox is saying the abilities are that you don't even need a controler to play a game, it's supposed to just respond to your body actions. I've only heard rumours though. Personally I think it will flop, It in my opinion would obviously be over priced and people would most likely go with the Nintendo WII. The PS2 when it first came out was around $1000 AUD, that is crazy, you wait a few months and the price drops down far more then the launch price. It's a marketing trick to make people think "Oh no I'll miss out on the new trend! Better get it right now"
I don't know about the PS3 how much the price has declined at this point in time. However I do not think it has really that much. The 360 has quite a bit. I think the tables have turned and Sony is taking over with more popularity.

PaidByDeath
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm

Sony wouldn't know a reasonable price these days if it slapped them with a wet fish and stole their money...

Sony used the fact they ruled last gen to justify the *insanse* PS3 price, but this kinda backfired when fewer people bought it. It's picked up a bit now, but the damage was done...
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:32 pm

PS3 price may come down... look here: http://e3.gamespot.com/ and search around for more E3 info. When/if the PS3 Slim comes out, the regular one may drop price. They are making a slimmer version to cut down on shipping costs and stuff like that. It may just be the slimmer version and the regular that will have lower price tags.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 am

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with the Wii. Right now, the only reason I have my wii is to play n64 games and the port of Resident Evil 4. I occasionally play Mario Kart Wii as well. I don't think it's a positive note that a system's selling points are essentially ports. Most of their E3 announcements (new play control, etc) were essentially "Hey remember sort of enjoying this game on the gamecube? Now play it again for shits and giggles! BUT THIS TIME YOU GET TO WAVE A REMOTE AROUND!"

Other titles seem to follow similar patterns. Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy 2 cry out: "Remember having fun on our prequels? Now do the same thing, except with uninspiring story lines only Nintendo can spit out!" New Super Mario Bros Wii looks exactly like the DS version (which was decent at best) except with multiplayer.

Dead space- extraction-- this is another of nintendo's lesser points. "Hey remember those great third person shooters you played on other consoles? Well now try them in first person form with totally different gameplay and just about no coherent story line at all!"

This is frustrating, because for old time's sake I want nintendo to come up with something decent so bad... Maybe next e3. 360 and PS3 are looking great now. I'm really glad I chose to purchase a 360. Prototype, Ghostbusters, Arkham Assylum, Brutal Legend, Bioshock 2... Yeah.

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:08 am

the only reason I have my wii is to play n64 games
Smash brothers brawl? Wii Sports *this game is a suckish game*?? Redsteel?? And lets not forget Force unleashed, All on the wii, But not on N64. Razz
Da Llama
Da Llama

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:28 am

Force Unleased GFX = Pathetic
Wii Sports = Agree 100%
Brawl = Never Player (Didn't work on my Wii)
Red Steel = I have to say that it is one of the best right now. Wait till Red Steel 2 Wink
The RE4 Port is epic. So much more fun than moving a stick to move.

FWI, N64 is awesome.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next