Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Know Your Limits

+8
KaiStagon
Da Llama
PaidByDeath
Wonko the Sane
Cap'nJackSparrow
blivvy
Loki
Theicecreaman
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Know Your Limits Empty Know Your Limits

Post by Theicecreaman Sun May 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Know Your Limits
By Theicecreaman

Dear members,
I enunciate today to disclose that fact that I will no longer be playing Jedi Knights II as often as I normally do, and may commence playing once every couple of weeks or so. I do not leave from the Cookies Academy, I wouldn't dream of leaving the School of Cake, I will never leave any of you, and I am simply here to stay, but in an inactive way. This community has some of the greatest potential I've ever seen in a guild in any game, no matter how new or fancy it may have been. You guys have always been great, I'll never forget the wonderful times we've had in the game, and times we will continue to have on the forums.

There is no such thing as a leisure-time obligation; when you're out doing what you love most, whether it be Jedi Knights II, a sport, or just having fun with friends, you always know your limits. I'm sure your parents have always told you to refrain from something which has no value to you, or just isn't worth trying. Well I've been playing Jedi Knights II in my spare time for years now, and I've always had fun. The problem is that doing the same thing over and over again can get boring after a while! People complain for similar reasons everyday; It could be about their job, family, lifestyle, and of course drudgery! Well the same principle applies to computer games like Jedi Knights II because standing around on ffa_bespin is quite the bore after a while! Then you begin to realize that listening to the same chat day after day is simply futile, as you gain nothing from knowing that the other person is "laughing out loud" or "had a good fight." The very existence of Jedi Knights to was always lame like that until I went to Wonko's World where we always had a true good game or talked to people that knew what they were saying. The point of this extremely long paragraph is that there are other things in life that are substantial than Jedi Knights II or any other game, and I, for one, have other things to do. Hell, I just got a job which I will be at for most of my time, and this game just won't be in my priorities.

When you don't know your limits, you become something adverse to your own goals in life. To not know your limits is to be like a function without asymptotes, an "if statement" without a sentinel, a government bent on winning a useless arms race when they could have been fighting poverty. If the whole world spoke in the same lucid tone of which I speak today, then all the problems in the world would be solved. One cannot be confined to a certain perspective, but be knowledgeable and discerning to the world around him; He must be able to refrain his actions when things get out of control. Don't get me wrong, there are those types of people in the world, but they are not big people, but little people that exist inside your brains.

Reiterating for the last time, I won't be as active as I normally am, but keep on playing, posting, and pwning others! Just never forget Theicecreaman.

Sincerely,
Theicecreaman.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Know Your Limits Empty Re: Know Your Limits

Post by Loki Sun May 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Cool cool. That is all. Laughing
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sun May 31, 2009 2:13 pm

U are right ice, u gotta know what is important in life. JK2 is just a game and that is how i treat it. If sum1 has a good fight thats great ot if sum1 gets lames oh well but i really dont care lol
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 pm

Good luck in your new job. The new moderating team will strive to fill your shoes, but I fear they may be a little too big for us, lol
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun May 31, 2009 4:38 pm

As I said before, I'm with you all the way, Ice. Do what you have to do, we'll be here for when you've got the itch the saber some things. Fight 3
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaidByDeath Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:50 am

Well I can't say I wont miss you Ice, you've always been a good friend and a great person to chat to.

I do agree with Ice in the repsect that there are more important things to concider in life. This is just a game, and yes quite frankly if you let it , it will take over your life.

For example, I havn't been on in weeks (I think) not just the server but also the forums, I come on when I get home from work and want some kick back tme to relax and just chill out a little (no different from sitting and watching a movie really). Alot of people base their intire lives on one thing (example JK2) I do not, but I still enjoy getting to know people from other countries, rather than souly 'Just play the game' thing.

I wish you all the best Ice and hope to see you around every now and then, and remember there is no guilt in running your 'REAL LIFE'

Peace my friend Smile

PaidByDeath
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:00 pm

blivvy wrote:U are right ice, u gotta know what is important in life. JK2 is just a game and that is how i treat it. If sum1 has a good fight thats great ot if sum1 gets lames oh well but i really dont care lol
If I got banned from all the servers which all the people go on, I wouldnt really think its a game, lol.
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:50 pm

Good luck! And smart move Smile

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Juheti Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:06 pm

yes very smart move Very Happy good luck and come back here once in a while so i can kick yo butt Very Happy
Juheti
Juheti
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:49 pm

Ha. So many people wanna grow up but when it eventually comes they have to leave everything they once treasured behind (like JK2). If they don't eventually give those things up, you become a hobo. Face it, eventually Wonko, Juheti, and all the other high admins who we idolize often will too eventually be gone.

See ya later Icey. I know you can't stay away. (you'll be back)
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 1015

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Mr.Someone wrote:I know you can't stay away. (you'll be back)
You do realise, he has a job
Da Llama
Da Llama

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 am

yes i do realize..technically i have a job but not legally though. it's meant to be a...fun(ny) comment that means he'll miss us too much.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Bye, but we'll probably forget you in a few months.
Or you'll come back

And a job doesn't mean your busy forever. You actually
have quite a bit of down time...at least, at first you do.

X
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:29 pm

X wrote:Bye, but we'll probably forget you in a few months.
Or you'll come back
You'll see me on the forums, and I doubt that you guys will forget me since they are my forums.
X wrote:And a job doesn't mean your busy forever. You actually
Yes, but I indirectly implied that I'll play JK2 only every month or so now.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by X Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Theicecreaman wrote:
X wrote:Bye, but we'll probably forget you in a few months.
Or you'll come back
You'll see me on the forums, and I doubt that you guys will forget me since they are my forums.
X wrote:And a job doesn't mean your busy forever. You actually
Yes, but I indirectly implied that I'll play JK2 only every month or so now.
Yeah so I don't get the point of your topic then o.O
You're setting an example? Obviously not....
So it must be advice...wait...that can't be it either

Oh well, everyone likes writing long posts on a whim.

X
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:31 pm

X wrote:Yeah so I don't get the point of your topic then o.O
You act as if everything to life has a point although it does not, and if you want a long post, I'll give you a long post.

Here we are, a clump of men, yaking on about a computer game which we mostly play on a daily basis. Why do we play? Why do we consider this fun? Is it fun?

We play this game simply for the expenditure of time in a manner designed for therapeutic refreshment of one's body or mind. To maintain a stable state of mind, one must spare time for relaxation. Computer games psychologically provide a diversion from life whether you know it or not. We consider it fun because it provides this form of entertainment, especially in our sedentary lifestyle. Gradually, this "fun" will deteriorate over time causing boredom. If you'd like I can go into further details, but I'll let you ask yourself if you consider Jedi Knights II fun or not.

Wonko created the most intricate community that I've ever seen on Jedi Knights II; He binded the complexities of literature into a Star Wars game. How could one mash together The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Star Wars, and Alice in Wonderland And Through the Looking Glass without failing epically? He took the universal themes of these novels and movies, and he combined them into a school of cake. Would Carrol, author of Alice In Wonderland to this? Would Douglas Adams, author of Hitckhiker's Guide, have added an intergalactic culinary school of cookies? Hell, I doubt that George Lucas would have had candy sabers! It takes skill, patience, and a shitload of knowledge of C++ to bake a product such as the school. You ought to be less serious, lighten up, and try to have some fun! Now I've had my fun in this school, game, and forum so I think that its time for me to move on.

As I just said, pleasure from Jedi Knights II will decrease and it has for me, personally. The point of this topic was simply to let the almost 70 registered members in my forum know that I will be inactive. If you look in the "Announcements" forum, Wonko wrote something like this: "From this point forward all new members must meet with either myself or Ice on the server before becoming official members." If I don't let you guys know, how will this remain in effect?

Going back to the point at hand which was about the point of my topic, notice how I just made a point without staying on the topic.

X wrote:You're setting an example? Obviously not....
If you'd like, I could go into a detailed explanation as to how I'm not trying to set an example. I doubt that you'd have the will to read all that so I won't. I'll simply say that I'm not trying to set an example, community members should look to Wonko and the moderator team for an example. They should also know that we aren't exactly here to set examples, simply to provide fun.

X wrote:So it must be advice...wait...that can't be it either
No. 3/4 of your points are correct.

X wrote:Oh well, everyone likes writing long posts on a whim.
Everybody also likes instigating. If you want to indirectly insult an admin more, don't even bother on these forums. As your *Flaw community so eloquently had stated, "You can express your real opinion, thoughts, ideas or whatever without getting bitched at like they do in those queer clans like DL and AOD which are complete failures and are run by someone with down syndrome."

In conclusion, instigate more, I dare you.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 pm

Ooh look at Ice! Just through the tone of the FIRST paragraph I could sense a hint of insult!

Ha ha, well still. I wonder how many people have the abilities and patience on these forums to read through the entire paragraph. lol.

Sooner or later, the admins will step down and disappear. Then more noobs will gain power, then become respectable admins, then step down and so on. Ice just decided to grow up a little bit and step away from JK2 and go back to reality where he can see the people he's talking to and stop committing suicide and homicide (lol) on a daily basis like most of us.
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:49 pm

While you were typing that Someone, I was reading it. I like readin though that was not really my style. I prefer fantasy. Smile
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm

Hey crazy, make your next slogan "CrazY, you won't come back in one piece." lol just a suggestion.\
EDIT: Nevermind, I see how the website works... here's mine:
Know Your Limits Style4,Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:23 pm

You should remove the url section of the code.

CrazY! hates ads. Shifty Eyes
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 pm

You prefer fantasy? ha you mean science fiction. Razz
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by PaidByDeath Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:43 am

Ice that was a very insightful and profound you made. And like what Wonko said , I'm also with you all the way. The point of the mater at hand really boils down to two options.

1. You stay on a daily basis , so people don't get upset.

2. You open that door and get out in the world rather than just sitting in a slump.

You've chosen option 2. Good man.

Not that it's wrong like your statement (and yes I'm probably one of the only people that read your intire post) that games and also whether it be going to the movies, to a club, go out for dinner, heck even go cart racing or a theme park.

They all have one thing in common, they are escape outlets from the pressures of everyday life, like I said , I come home from a full day like to make a nice meal, sit back relax, and have a bit of fun with you guys.

Theres nothing wrong with that, when it does get over the top is when people take it too seriously, it ends up becomming some peoples entire exsistance, thats when it gets out of hand.

Well I've said my two cents worth, I do think that many would agree with what I just stated though..

Cheers guy. Sperate work and fun.

PaidByDeath
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 am

I ain't going for at least another year...

I'm still at school till June 2010, and then after I have at least 2 months downtime before I'm off to university, and the Wii only makes me happy so much. What's fun is playing with you guys and messing around for no apparent reason, and blowing up Wonko when he's not looking...

GG Ice, enjoy your new job. What job have you managed to bag yourself anyway?
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

I'm working at a electronics store called Best Buy. It isn't in the U.K., so you might have not heard of it. They have good benefits, but have been cutting back due to their negative fiscal year. The job doesn't occupy much of my time, and I prefer it to attending my classes. It is just jk2 in general which has stopped interesting me. The job works for now, and the people are friendly.

And before you ask, I'm studying Accounting.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down