Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The state of states in the states, stated by Matt

4 posters

Go down

The state of states in the states, stated by Matt Empty The state of states in the states, stated by Matt

Post by Matt Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:47 am

Hey all, it's been quite some time.

Two years of college, countless years, and even one daughter later, I can still remember the URL for this forum! Forums aren't even a thing anymore! It's your good ol' buddy Matt, typing with the same awkward tabbing and spacing as usual to tell you guys that I'm still alive, but more happy that this forum even still exists and that the Jedi Knight/Academy masterservers are still running. With all that being said, I've been playing Jedi Academy a lot recently with some of my Earth Prime friends and it got me thinking about all of you! Hope everything's well in the Wonkoverse and Icecream land. 

Anyone got a Steam? I don't know if I've asked before, but mine's "lekura" as always. 

I've been playing a bit of SWTOR, Rainbow Six Siege, Counter-Strike, and whatever singleplayer RPGs catch my attention these days. Not too long ago built myself a fancy little budget gaming PC, my second rig, and acquired an addiction to plastic crack (Model Kits, specifically Mobile Suit Gundam Very Happy).

Regards, my duders. Thanks for showing me the internet. Hope to hear from y'all soon.

--Matt
Matt
Matt
Candy Academy Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

The state of states in the states, stated by Matt Empty Re: The state of states in the states, stated by Matt

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Wow, congratulations!  That's incredible news, Matt, we're all quite proud of you.  

We aren't quite as active as we used to be, but we're always going to be alive in spirit!  Glad to see that you're still active in the gaming community.  But whenever insanity is what you seek, come no further closer to the equidistant nearness of far-off proximity immediate to distant adjacency.   

In other words, this guy:  bounce
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The state of states in the states, stated by Matt Empty Re: The state of states in the states, stated by Matt

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Hey Matt! Hey Nice to see you again.  Of course the forums are still here; nobody leaves the School of Cake.   Big Stick  Ever.

Congratulations on the whole making a little human thing!  That's awesome.  I just checked, and by a majority vote of the Board of Directors of the School of Cake it has been decreed that all little humans created by a member of the School of Cake shall inherit an automatic membership into the School.  Don't worry, we'll start her off easy with things like taste testing and ingredient preparation.  Then, we'll gradually train her in flavor profiling and pastry architecture before moving onto more serious matters like global domination.  She'll have a good time and all the  Oreo Cookie she can eat, of course!

I don't think I've added you to Steam yet.  I'm currently on Arch Linux and haven't installed it here, but the next time I boot into Windows I'll add you.  Or maybe I'll try installing Steam in Arch.  What could possibly go wrong.  Joystick

Don't be a stranger!

..or else.  Angry Wife
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Oh wow! What kind or arches are there in this "Linus?" Are there pillars as well as other structural parts too? I used Xubuntu once to pull files off of a broken computer, but that's all I know about that. 

Y'know, I was just showing my buddies around the old ShroomDuck map packs and all in Academy, as well as Grandflaw and the prettier maps as well. D'you have any suggestions of what some "must see" maps are in Academy (assuming the /whole/ downloads list huh). It's a shame about jk2files going offline but it looks like JK2hub is doing it's job alright. I still pray every night about Jedi Knight 3 to RNJesus and the lucasarts gods.
Matt
Matt
Candy Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Hey Matt, congrats dude!

I don't really game on pc anymore. I'm more of a console peasant now heh. But there is one map I can recommend for jka. It's a re-creation of Midgar from FF VII. Pretty big map man. Plenty of exploration to be done.

Here's a dl link: Midgar V3
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:53 am

Thanks Blivvy, it's been a while!

I've actually still never played Final Fantasy 7, I really haven't gotten around to playing old classic playstation games on emulator yet or on Steam. However, I do love exploring new maps! I'll see if I can get my friends to check this one out as well. And as for being a console peasant... they're releasing a FF7 remake at one point! So woo-hoo for you!
Matt
Matt
Candy Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Ah yes, Midgar is a definitely good map.  But then again, so are all the other maps on the downloads list.  I mean they wouldn't be there if they weren't, right?  ffa_bespin, for example.  Do you see that anywhere on the lists?  Huh?  Do you? No no

So I'm no architect, but I can try to describe all the features of the arches for you.  I'm not sure why you want me to though, do you have some kind of weird architecture fetish or something?  Suspect I mean that's cool, we don't judge here.  Not much anyway.  And only one or two days per week.  Today is not one of those days.

So the arches are all very curvy, as arches tend to be.  The main one sort of bends in on itself then back around again, with a little twist shooting up into the air in the middle as if it changed its mind at the last minute about which direction it wanted to go in.  There are supporting arches that surround the main arch and together they all form a pattern not unlike an icosahedron, but with hints of a dodecahedron on the northern facing side.  The cool thing about them is no matter which way you orient the arches, the dodecahedron features always face North.  There are pillars to the South, but they form a separate structure and recent structural integrity tests have suggested they're not nearly as sound as they would have you believe.  The arches are made of this super smooth material that has been finely polished by the hands of hundreds of thousands as they walked under and over them for the last fourteen years or so.  From a distance, you'd almost think they were translucent.  But then you get up close and realize they definitely are.  If you lick one of the arches, the others become opaque for a few moments.  The taste of raspberries will linger on your tongue for several hours afterward.

That covers the most important aspects I think.  I will now take questions.  Coffee
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down