Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Game Releases

+14
BuZz
Sidious
makcim
masterchief
time
Link
Trey
Grimlore
KaiStagon
Bugenhagen
Cap'nJackSparrow
Lucario*)WoN(~Donuts~
Da Llama
Loki
18 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

New Game Releases - Page 21 Empty Re: New Game Releases

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 pm

I thought, because of its RPG-style, your character has a certain amount of health so it takes multiple hits to kill?
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:59 am

First dlc released for Fallout 4. Bethesda said that they are gonna be making more dlc for this game than they had planned, so they increased the price of the season pass lol. The more dlc the better I say. Bethesda always deliver on their expansions.

Actually I thought this 1st dlc was gonna be pretty small, maybe it would just be some new robot companions. But it turns out there's a bunch of new quests, new story and you can build your own robot companion. Sweet!
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:58 am

Theicecreaman wrote:I thought, because of its RPG-style, your character has a certain amount of health so it takes multiple hits to kill?

Yeah, but it's not like other RPG's where that kind of stuff is really dragged out.  It's completely possibly to headshot an NPC with a sniper rifle and get them in one hit.  On the other hand, boss NPC's will take on that RPG style gameplay where you're just shooting them for minutes on end.  So it's this really weird mashup gameplay.

The PvP area is unique though and I honestly kind of like it over other PvP styles of gameplay.  I've never been much for competitive PvP in games like CoD or any MMO really.  In a FPS, it all comes down to ping or luck.  In an MMO, everyone has the same PvP gear and there are commonly known and tested ability rotations to maximize DPS so there's no skill involved other than pressing the right button at the right moment.  And people get so damn competitive in all those games.  The PvP area in the Division is an entirely different beast.  Everyone starts out as non-hostile (you're all division agents, after all working for the same organization) and you can work together to get good loot and extract it.  If you feel like being the bad guy, you can attack a non-hostile player and you get marked as a rogue agent with a countdown timer.  You also get pinged on everyone else's map so they can come take you out without any penalties and collect the loot you just stole for yourself.  The more people you kill, the higher your rogue status gets and the more incentive there is for others to hunt you down.  You also have more incentive to stay alive because you've collected a ton of high end loot and will get a good bonus if you can outlast the rogue timer and go back to being non-hostile.

It's a very interesting system and I find I like it a lot compared to standard PvP games.  It is heavily biased towards cooperative gameplay and working together to take out rogue agents, but there are also potentially huge rewards for being the bad guy if you can survive long enough.  It's not the kind of thing where you can just shoot someone to be a dick or to prove you're better than them and expect to walk away from it.  Everybody else in the instance will come for your blood and your loot.  So you have to really want it to risk it.

Star Citizen is implementing anti-griefing systems that are in a similar line of thought.  They don't want to specifically prevent or deny any actions in the universe at all.  Instead, if you do bad things you'll end up with a criminal level.  In protected space, NPC's will be dispatched to kick your ass, so this will prevent griefers from being jerks to new players and whatnot.  It just won't be worth the losses when the cops blow you to bits.  In non-protected space, players can hunt you down for the bounty.  And they'll implement ways for a pirate to do things like disable comm satellites before they do the bad thing they're going to do so nobody gets alerted to the bad deed.  But other players will get alerted to the fact that a comm array is down and will be offered a mission to repair that comm array, so it's not foolproof.  It will also be possible to jump from system to system in a fast enough ship and outrun the communication of your wanted status to commit crimes without anyone knowing you're doing it.  Unless, of course, another player takes a job as an info runner and beats you to those systems.  I really, really like the way they're letting the universe self-police to make griefing impractical due to the consequences but allow "legitimate" criminal behavior if you want to be a pirate and do the work required to pull off a robbery without getting caught.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:18 am

I hope that system in both The Division and Star Citizen works out in the long-run. They implemented the same thing in GTA 5 online, but everyone is still a huge dick.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:42 pm

From what I've been hearing, everyone who wants to be a dick in The Division is whining so hard right now about the PvP area not being fun for them.  They all want it changed to be more traditional, so the system does appear to be working.  It's completely possible to go be a rogue agent and outlast the timers and all that because I see people posting "rogue life only life" videos on youtube.  It's just not possible to be a dick and get away with it without the entire instance hunting you down.

Imagine a lamer on a server in JK2 getting marked with a giant red skull and crossbones that everyone else can see through walls.  And there are huge rewards for killing that player, but no penalties.  The entire server would hunt and kill that person over and over.  Now, there are rewards for that player too if they can kill enough people without dying to get a high enough rogue status and then run and outlast the timer, but if they're only in it to be a dick it's not worth all that effort for them and they're going to get pissed off and rage quit.

So yeah, I like the system a lot.  Star Citizen's seems like it'll be way more intricate, but time will tell.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:36 am

I'll probably wait for the complete edition of The Division. A lot of people say it's repetitive but it gets you hooked. That's how most shoot and loot games are. Hell I still play Destiny and there hasn't been anything new to do in that game for a while now (new update coming out in 2 weeks though). 

It sucks that the ps4 only comes with a 500 gig hdd. It can be replaced with a bigger hdd but I don't want to do that just in case it screws something up. Game installs are generally around 25 - 40 gigs so it doesn't take long to fill up.

Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 will both be out soon. Looking forward to those. Uncharted 4 is looking more and more impressive. Naughty Dog have said that the explorable areas are 10 times bigger than the previous games. That's gonna make treasure hunting a bitch though lol. And the graphics look gorgeous.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:17 am

Just watched a video of that.  Looks interesting.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:46 pm

So there's a major hacking problem with The Division on PC that is probably not fixable. I haven't run into it myself, mostly because I've stayed out of the PvP area since learning about these problems, but it doesn't bode well for this game long-term. Apparently it operates on a trusted client model, which means it assumes the client has not been tampered with. So the server always assumes your client is telling the truth when it says "I'm standing in location A firing B weapon that as C stats at D target". This means that people can hack the client to increase the rate of fire of their weapons, give themselves infinite ammo, use aimbot, and basically anything else they can imagine and the server allows it.

Someone on reddit posted a video of this guy who looks to have hacked a shotgun to make it fire like a submachine gun (12 seconds in):

From reading other reddit posts it seems to be so bad that you're almost guaranteed to run into hackers if you set foot in the PvP area. It's unfortunate because I have been enjoying it as a casual time waster game. I'm really glad I never paid actual money for it now though, because from what I've been reading it would require a major recode to actually fix the game at this point, which is very unlikely.

Hackers aside, though, they've been making changes to the game that are designed to really slow down your progression. It effectively makes it so you'll never be able to get decent gear if all you do is play casually. RNG decides whether a item drops or not as loot, another RNG round decides what quality that item is, and another RNG round decides the stats of that item. So the odds of actually getting a high end item that matches your skills build is unfathomably low. Even the people who spend endless hours a day grinding gear don't end up with ideal gear sets.

Doesn't seem like this is game with long legs.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm kinda burned out on shoot on loot games atm. I do still play Destiny but just not as much. At least the latest update improved the rewards, drops and infusion system. Now you have a better chance at getting gear that's at a higher level than your character. But it's still RNG so you're not guaranteed to get the gear you want with the perks you want.

I just beat Dark Souls 3 the other day. Best Souls game yet imo. Was helping a buddy out with a boss earlier and man was it tough. Must of attempted at least 20 times before we beat him. We had a few PvP duels after. Reminds me a bit of JK2 duels.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:53 pm

You're welcome.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'm gonna take a 'wait and see' approach with this one.  Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with the first one.  It seemed sort of... half baked to me.  The original Battlefront II had much better gameplay.  We'll see what this iteration brings to the table but I'm not holding my breath.

It almost seems like they're just milking the franchise at this point without putting much effort into it.  Am I the only one who thinks that?  Shrug
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 pm

That actually looks pretty cool.  I might grab that in a few years once I get a new PC.

They're totally milking it, but I figure they'll eventually get it right.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Wow, and not a single "Wtf you been all these years?"?

I feel sad.  Sad
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 am

Oh grim... Wait who are u again? Lol jk. What's up my dude?

At least bf2 will have a single player campaign this time but if it turns out like the first game where they pretty much released half a game and then the rest as dlc, well I think I'll wait until the complete edition is out.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:18 pm

blivvy wrote:Oh grim... Wait who are u again? Lol jk. What's up my dude?

At least bf2 will have a single player campaign this time but if it turns out like the first game where they pretty much released half a game and then the rest as dlc, well I think I'll wait until the complete edition is out.

I'm trying to be optimistic about battlefront 2 and hold off judgement til E3. And I've been around the US for 2 1/2 year. And due to xfire being shut down, y'all are gonna have to add me in steam.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Oh wow, I didn't even see who posted that trailer Razz  Welcome back!  And congrats on the move to the good ol' Untied Stats of a Murica!   Cool  I promise, we're not all wackos.  I'm sane.  Wonko's definitely sane.  Our politicians are--well...  Shifty Eyes 

...anyways, welcome!  We're always glad to see another face that doesn't look like this:

New Game Releases - Page 21 787084131009905069
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

Any souls fans here? The complete edition of Dark Souls III is out now. It's worth it xD
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:15 am

To be serious tho, do any of you got Steam cuz I oughta add y'all.

Wonko should also make a Discord btw. Razz
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm

You know, I've thought about making a Discord and almost did a couple times.  I'm just not sure it'd get used any more than the forum does.  There's not many people who check the forum all that regularly anymore.  Most just come and go, like yourself (hi again, btw Hi / See ya, and Happy Birthday very soon!)

What are everyone's thoughts on Discord?  It reminds me of back in the day when we wanted to make an IRC room but then we never did   Shrug

I keep telling people I'm gonna add them on Steam and then I keep forgetting, so I should probably stop making promises that just disappoint people.  I will never add you on Steam!  There, see, now you have no expectations so if I somehow do remember you'll be all super surprised and happy. cheers

Also, I've never actually played any of the Dark Souls  Shrug No particular reason, really.  But Call of Duty has always just been Rolling Eyes  I've never found it to be at all compelling.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Just watched the trailer that aired today.  It seems to be just like the old CoD games from back in the day.  It'll be fine probably.  

CoD is honestly all about the multiplayer.  

I don't think I'd use Discord
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:48 pm

I don't really like cod anymore, especially ever since it went all futuristic. But this new one is going back to WW2 and that reveal trailer looked decent. It's also gonna have a zombies mode Smile I might check it out.

As for Discord, I do use that. It kinda reminds me of xfire a bit.

Oh and there's a new game I think u guys might like. It's called Earthfall. I seen someone playing it on twitch. I think the best way to describe it is Left4Dead but with aliens. It's 4 player co-op and there's a bunch of objectives everyone has to take part in. Plus you can build defenses like walls and turrets. You can get early access on steam atm.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Theicecreaman wrote:Just watched the trailer that aired today.  It seems to be just like the old CoD games from back in the day.  It'll be fine probably.  

Boom. (Cuz Icy didn't put the trailer in his op. :/)

Everybody I play with on PC uses Discord bruh.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Oh Earthfall looks interesting. It really does look like a L4D clone though doesn't it? Building defenses is an interesting concept, but is there anything else that makes it different or better than L4D?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed May 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Grimlore wrote:
Theicecreaman wrote:Just watched the trailer that aired today.  It seems to be just like the old CoD games from back in the day.  It'll be fine probably.  

Boom. (Cuz Icy didn't put the trailer in his op. :/)

Everybody I play with on PC uses Discord bruh.

Ah yeah, sorry, I live-streamed the trailer as it aired.

Earthfall looks promising--basically just like L4D.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:41 am

BF2 gameplay trailer! Oh it looks so good  Drooling
blivvy