Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D

5 posters

Go down

Will you go to watch SW: Episode I in 3D

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_lcap25%Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_lcap75%Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_lcap0%Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D Empty Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:09 pm

http://www.starwars.com/watch/episode-i-3d.html
February 10th.

They remade Episode I in 3D. Is anybody going to go see it, or do you think it's just another money-making gimmick?

I'll probably end up seeing it just 'cause I'm a Star Wars geek. Otherwise, I don't really watch 3D movies.

Bowing Fight 3

In my opinion, some parts may be really awesome to see in 3D, but if they mess it up, well... let's just say that would't bode well for me.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D Empty Re: Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D

Post by Loki Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:32 pm

It's Lucas Arts. Of course it's a money making gimmick
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:13 am

Not a big fan of 3D movies. Sure it was cool at first but now it's just meh and tickets are overpriced.
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree about the overpriced tickets. I read that movie theaters have noticed less people going there since all these movies started coming out in 3D. That's one of the things they tried to blame on piracy, but in reality it's the expensive tickets.

I'm not sure yet if I'll see it though. Haven't gone to the movies in a while...
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Fjord Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:07 pm

It's probably only worth it if you like the movie itself. I saw the 3d trailer on the 3ds, and I was not overwhelmed.
Mr.Fjord
Mr.Fjord

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:08 pm

You got a 3ds dude?
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Fjord Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes. Let the shunning begin.
Mr.Fjord
Mr.Fjord

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:24 pm

I heard it gives people headaches. I've seen it, but I've never played on it... it's like the motion sensor on the PS3 controller. Nobody uses it.

I bet half of you didn't know about or forgot about the motion sensor functions the PS3 controller has. It's just something fancy that serves no use. From my understanding, people just end up playing 3DS games in normal 2D anyways because you can't even play for a long time.

Nobody, even SW fans, really seems very excited for the re-edit. I bet they added all this crap to make it weird and just plain too much.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:19 am

Mr.Fjord wrote:Yes. Let the shunning begin.

Lol nah I just got a 3DS like 2 weeks ago and I think it's awesome. I've only got 2 games atm but I plan on getting some of the new releases this year.

Theicecreaman wrote:I heard it gives people headaches. I've seen it, but I've never played on it... it's like the motion sensor on the PS3 controller. Nobody uses it.

I bet half of you didn't know about or forgot about the motion sensor functions the PS3 controller has. It's just something fancy that serves no use. From my understanding, people just end up playing 3DS games in normal 2D anyways because you can't even play for a long time.

I haven't gotten any headaches from playing games in 3d. And the gyro sensors are used fairly well in games. Like I played a demo of Resident Evil: Revelations and you can use the sensors to aim ur weapons, which lets u use the analog stick to walk around as u are aiming. That's very handy.

As far as battery life goes, that's fixed easily. Just get a more powerful battery lol. I got a 5000mAh Li-ion battery and it's lasting so much longer. Charged it a week ago and I've been playing it every day with 3d on. Battery is still half charged, whereas with the regular 3DS battery u get like 3 hours out of a full charge with 3d switched on.

blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Fjord Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:57 am

Theicecreaman wrote:I heard it gives people headaches. I've seen it, but I've never played on it... it's like the motion sensor on the PS3 controller. Nobody uses it.

Nobody, even SW fans, really seems very excited for the re-edit. I bet they added all this crap to make it weird and just plain too much.

Yeah I heard of the headache problem too, although I've never had any problems with it.
Mr.Fjord
Mr.Fjord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I never saw the draw to the 3DS. Seems like a total gimmick to me. Saw it in a store once and played around with it and I can definitely understand how people can get headaches from it. Nothing's actually 3D at all, it's just a 2D image turned into a fake 3D plane using 80's holographic technology. The same kind of trickery used on school binders for decades.

Neutral <--- not impressed.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down