Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints Row 3

+2
Theicecreaman
Da Llama
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Saints Row 3 Empty Saints Row 3

Post by Da Llama Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:54 pm

My Character is amazing. Very Happy
Saints Row 3 126189308843055716
BTW guys can you change the font color of the forum, its annoying when typpping

Last edited by Da Llama on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Saints Row 3 Empty Re: Saints Row 3

Post by Theicecreaman Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 pm

It looks fine to me, but if Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate has a problem, I'll change.

As for Saints Row 3, it looks pretty good! I just hope they made driving more easy and less annoying.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:04 am

I have no problems with the font either. Shinji mentioned once that the font shows up as white in his reply boxes, I blamed Firefox being stupid and told him to upgrade to Chrome Razz
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:42 am

I do believe good sir that you have indeed spelled "downgrade" wrong Razz
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate the Sane wrote:Shinji mentioned once that the font shows up as white in his reply boxes
I said the same thing. However, I refuse to use Chrome. Hell, I'd rather use Opera. I would have switched over already if I wasn't so used to Firefox.

Doesn't take much to fix it and lets be honest, it's far easier than trying to convince me to switch to different browser.

OT: The only thing I've seen regarding gameplay for SR2 is this and I can say that I'd enjoy playing it and am considering getting the 3rd.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Thing is, there's nothing to fix. The font for forms is black and it should be appearing as black for everyone, not white. I really don't know why Firefox is displaying a white font for everyone. FX 7 does the same thing for me when I load up the forums on it. But FX 5 never did that back when I still used Firefox. So it's something that they changed in the recent version or two of Firefox that broke the font. For some reason it's picking up the white font we have set for the actual forum text instead of using the black that's set for forms.

Honestly, I think it's Firefox being screwy. That's the biggest problem with Firefox these days, it's become like Internet Explorer in terms of making up its own web standard instead of adhering to existing standards that other browsers fully support. Drives web developers nuts (I work for one) because they have to create three different versions of their sites: one for IE, one for FX, and one for every other browser.

I can't change the font color, since it's already black and FX will render it as white for whatever color I set apparently, but I messed with the background color a bit. That might help? It didn't seem to change it on the quick reply box though so I really don't know what else I can do besides suggest using a different browser. Shrug Sorry guys.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Guess that solves that one. It was never that much of a problem when it came to simple replies but quotes and new topics were a pain in the backside.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 pm

I've seen this forum in Firefox, and I never noticed this problem...

If you guys use the "post reply" thing, do you still get the white text? It should be the same as quick reply, but I'm just wondering.

And yeah, Loki, SR2 had great gameplay. Basically, you just go around blowing feces pile, which is what I am, up and killing people until you can't kill anymore. I wasn't a big fan of the online portion because I thought Call of Duty had better competitive modes, and I didn't know anyone else who had SR2, so I never free roamed with other people much. Most people just seemed to want to do missions and stuff, and that isn't as fun as just wreaking havoc on the city. The missions were a bit repetitive, though, but it's what you'd expect from a free roam game.

edit: hooray for censoring myself again Razz

I think I'm going to take away all censors because they're driving me mad, making me crazy.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Yeah it is starting to get a bit silly. Was fun for a while though. Laughing

I think the color problem is only with Firefox 7 maybe FX 6 also, because I also never had that problem before the latest upgrades. The forum always looked just fine on the old versions. Like I said though, Firefox lately has invented its own rules for the web that nobody else follows, so it's not surprising that stuff like this happens.

Basically, the quick reply was a green background with white text, and the full reply was white on white. In the settings, it was set to a white background with black text, which is what we normally see. For some reason Firefox 7 decides to pull font colors from other areas of the forum instead of following the damn rules we set up. So to work around it I tried setting the form background to green.

So you're saying that worked for you, Loki? Things are legible at least for both reply areas?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:24 pm

It seems to be fine in the "Post Reply" area now, although I don't think it was just those firefox versions that were causing the problem. I used the most updated firefox nightly build earlier and it had the same problems silent
Shinja
Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Yeah, Wonko the Insane Arkham Asylum inmate, seemed to 'fix' it. I can't remember when it first showed up but it was a long time ago. FX went through like 4 different major version in the last months <_>
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:21 pm

It's basically any of the new versions of Firefox that it happens with. They said they were going to support new web standards like HTML5 and CSS3 but then they went ahead and invented more of their own crap anyways. I mean, I know it's developed by a community and all and that's what made it great when it first came out, but lately they just keep adding to the bloat and going down the wrong direction. People used to get Firefox to "stick it to the man" (Internet Explorer) but now Firefox has just become the new "man". It reminds me of the days when websites used to say "best viewed with IE 4.0 with at least 800x600 resolution or Netscape Navigator 3.0" I mean, seriously, web standards exist for a reason, so we don't have to deal with crap like this font color nonsense. I can't believe Firefox doesn't support the standards anymore.

Glad I was able to fix the color crap though. At least until the next Firefox update Rolling Eyes
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:39 pm

haha the implementation of html 5 is just making things worse rather than improving them. I mean, most website still aren't fully compatible with html 4...

seriously, just type in any website on this link and see all the errors pop up. plus, browsers like firefox and ie have their own parts, so web developers have to include code that accounts for that type of feces pile, which is what I am,: http://validator.w3.org/

I mean, obviously nothing conforms to code perfectly, but it's just proof that some things never change.

I remember when Apple's safari first came out...now that feces pile, which is what I am, was fast (comparatively, for the time period, of course)

haha yeah i need to remove the censors..
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm thinking of switching over to Opera on a more permanent basis but I dunno. It feels like I'd be immigrating to another country with how different it is.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 am

Loki wrote:I'm thinking of switching over to Opera on a more permanent basis but I dunno. It feels like I'd be immigrating to another country with how different it is.

That's why I went with Chrome instead, but I looked at Opera before Chrome came out as well. It was just too different for me. But if you can get over that I'd say go for it. Opera is a great web browser, extremely fast and reliable according to all the latest browser comparisons. And they're designing it to fully support existing web standards, always a plus. Why re-invent the wheel.

Now, excuse me while I educate Icecream on web standards for a moment. The rest of you need not read the rest of this post, as I'm sure you already know most of this, being the bright and intelligent young people that you are.

Theicecreaman wrote:haha the implementation of html 5 is just making things worse rather than improving them. I mean, most website still aren't fully compatible with html 4...

seriously, just type in any website on this link and see all the errors pop up. plus, browsers like firefox and ie have their own parts, so web developers have to include code that accounts for that type of feces pile, which is what I am,: http://validator.w3.org/

From that page:

...the fact that the W3C Markup Validator says that one page passes validation does not mean that W3C assesses that it is a good page. It only means that a tool (not necessarily without flaws) has found the page to comply with a specific set of rules. No more, no less.

This tool has nothing to do with HTML4 or HTML5 or anything. It's simply checking how well the code is structured as far as "good form" goes. Writing code with "good form" is an attempt to make code cross-browser compatible, but the problem is that not all browsers interpret that code the same way, as evident by Firefox misinterpreting this forum's font color code. And the reason why web developers have to write code for each browser has nothing to do with browsers having different features, it has everything to do with browsers that interpret the same line of code two different ways. Webkit browsers see the line of code in our forum that says "yo, this font should be black" and they make it black. Firefox 7 sees that and says "uuuuhhh, and by black you mean white, right? duuhokay!"

And don't diss HTML5, that and CSS3 are the best things that've happened to the web in a while, and are a huge move forward in terms of standardization of web components. What would you rather see, every single page and browser out there using a totally different set of web languages and implementations? The web would be impossible to use. The HTML and CSS standards set ground rules in an attempt to mitigate issues like the font color thing we're seeing here. And as technology improves over time, so must that standard improve to include new technologies like animations and video stuff that was previously only possible using flash.

As far as most sites not being compatible with html4 yet, who cares? There is nothing in HTML5 that says sites need to upgrade to the new standard. It only specifies new rules for implementation of new technologies, not a complete revision of the previous web standards. A site written in HTML4 or even HTML3 is generally going to look fine on any modern web browser. Backwards compatibility is included. This is the benefit of sticking with one web standard instead of letting companies like Adobe write their own, or letting browsers like Firefox dictate the way the web should be written.

Now we're getting way off topic here, so stop your futile arguing about the benefits of web standards and get back to something more relevant, like your favorite web browser. Or, I suppose, Saints row 3 if you really want.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:48 pm

haha well you're the tech wizard, and most tech people I know are probably idiots because they recommend me shitty products that never really work Razz

And yeah, let's change the topic.

More Saints Row vids!

sorry if somebody already posted this one...I don't really remember
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Yep, just another typical day mowing down ppl with mai hover bike Very Happy

Niace
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Its like Call of Duty, Grand theft auto and Ratchet and clank combined.
Da Llama
Da Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 pm

Da Llama wrote:Its like Call of Duty, Grand theft auto and Ratchet and clank combined.
lolno.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 am

Loki wrote:
Da Llama wrote:Its like Call of Duty, Grand theft auto and Ratchet and clank combined.
lolno.

QFE
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 pm

blivvy wrote:
Loki wrote:
lolno.

QFE
I Agree
QFE
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Llama Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Saints Row 3 981182
Da Llama
Da Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 pm

lol u make no sense most of the time Crazy
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:42 pm

It's not even the sensible nonsense that we so nonsensically sense, here in the land of sanity vs. insanity.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm With Stupid
blivvy