Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it?

+7
Mr.Fjord
KaiStagon
Theicecreaman
Acrobat
Loki
Wonko the Sane
blivvy
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it?

Post by Wonko the Sane Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Hissy Fit ABACABB!!!!
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it?

Post by blivvy Thu May 12, 2011 2:58 pm

I bought a Zotac Geforce GT 520 graphics card. It's was around €60 altogether including delivery. It was worth it cause I can play a lot more games on my pc now Smile

I've also ordered a new processor and Fallout 3 GOTY on pc.
blivvy
blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Thu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

niiiiiiccceeeeeee

Now you can buy all those awesome games you couldn't previously play Razz
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu May 12, 2011 4:27 pm

What kind of processor? I've been looking around for a new AMD one but my mobo isn't very compatible with most powerful CPUs...
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu May 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Heh, that won't work for me at all. I can only run AMD Cool
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 pm

AMD and (formerly) ATI own Intel and nVidia in my book. Not only are they cheaper, but they perform just as well, if not better. Personally, I think AMD processors smoke Intel cpu's any day, and (formerly) ATI graphics cards can usually at least match pace with nVidia cards. 'cept they're like half the price. Thumbs Up
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu May 12, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeah. What AMD need now is a 6 core CPU heh. They don't have one to my knowledge but I don't research these things often so I can't say for sure.

Currently using a Radeon HD5670 gfx card. It's far better than I was expecting for £80.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 am

Yeah they do have a 6 core Phenom II already. But that's just overkill. I have a quad core Phenom in this computer and it's awesome, but I can't see utilizing any more than four cores. I'd probably get by fine with just dual core, but it's nice having the extra cores so programs don't skip a beat when you're multitasking like a mofo (running jk2 and possibly another game at the same time, checking the forums, uploading a new server binary, downloading updates, editing the mod...)

Actually, technically speaking, that list right there would benefit from a 6 core processor... great, just great, Loki, NOW I have to upgrade. Thanks a lot.

As far as (formerly) ATI's cards go, in general, the xx70 series cards are equal to nVidias cards as far as performance goes, for much much less money. The xx50 cards are like 90 percent of the performance for 50 percent of the cost (my personal favorite), and they have xx90 cards I think now too which get back to ATI's roots which was kicking the mother loving crap out of nVidia cards and still being pretty damn cheap.

Plus a thousand points to Loki for being an AMD lover.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat May 14, 2011 7:05 am

Loki wrote:Yeah. What AMD need now is a 6 core CPU heh. They don't have one to my knowledge but I don't research these things often so I can't say for sure.

Currently using a Radeon HD5670 gfx card. It's far better than I was expecting for £80.

Yea I was doing some research on different cards and I read anything over HD5570 owns. I just decided to stick with nVidia cause that's what I'm used to. The GT 520 isn't bad considering it was like around €45 for it. I've tried out Crysis and graphics are amazing. Have a look at this screenie:

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it? - Page 2 Th_crysis_screen_02

blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Bought Crysis 2 on Xbox 360 for €3 lol. I traded in 3 older games at gamestop so that's all it cost. Sweet deal

Epic game was worth it.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it? - Page 2 Th_100_2904

Limited Collectors Edition of Alan Wake on Xbox 360. Comes with a book, bonus disc, soundtrack and the game ofc lol. Bought it for €17.99 Smile

Well worth it!
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:22 pm

I really liked that game! I hope there's a sequel. Just bought Burst Apart on vinyl (I know, compact disks are sooo mainstream). You want to get this. Absolutely fantastic album.

Wut was the last thing u bought & was it worth it? - Page 2 The-antlers-burst-apart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burst_Apart

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 517

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 pm

Sanctum and Counter Strike: Source (and I got Garry's Mod for an extra 25 pence.) Pretty good.
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:03 pm

The Latest map pack for Black Ops.--->$15
Grimlore
Grimlore

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Got Mirror's Edge for my iPad while EA was having their giant holiday sale. It was a whopping 99 cents and is a pretty decent running game.
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:32 pm

ohhh the demo was pretty kickass for the PS3..thought about getting it but then was like...nah. Perhaps another day.
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:07 pm

chinese food that was not very good :C not worth it :C

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:11 am

Bought me a dkny shirt for €35 & a pair of black jeans for €20. Worth it cause I'm going to a christening today Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Fjord Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Just got the 3DS and Ocarina of Time 3d. 3D is really good but a bit too subtle at times, but it makes Ocarina of Time so amazing that I enjoyed the Water Temple.
Mr.Fjord
Mr.Fjord

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiStagon Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:03 pm

stop saying words

KaiStagon
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:37 pm

The last thing I bought was the deluxe edition of Trivium's new album In Waves for €12. Came with 5 bonus songs and a bonus dvd. Worth it.

And I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition & Modern Warfare 3 for ps3 on Gamestop's site. Total was around €97 including delivery Smile
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:26 pm

blivvy wrote:The last thing I bought was the deluxe edition of Trivium's new album In Waves for €12. Came with 5 bonus songs and a bonus dvd. Worth it.

And I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 Limited Edition & Modern Warfare 3 for ps3 on Gamestop's site. Total was around €97 including delivery Smile

Can't you also get em for 360 Blivvy? Sometime I wanna set up some match or something with some Knight Squad guys.

DmC 4 (Devil may Cry) and yes it was.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:55 pm

Well since every1 in KS are on ps3, not much point getting them on 360. You, master & I are like the only ones that play on 360 (Well master hardly ever goes on lol). Maybe when they drop price or sumthing.
blivvy
blivvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimlore Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Still wouldn't kill some KS peeps to get 360 cuz PS3s are expensive as a mans organs.
Grimlore
Grimlore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next