New Game Releases

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New Game Releases

Post by blivvy on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:27 am

Well just from watching my buddies live stream, everything just ran really smooth. It's still battlefront but with modern mechanics like environmental destruction. 

No space battles but you can still fly snowspeeders and take down walkers.

I think this is more of a reboot rather than a sequel. That's why it wasn't called battlefront 3.

blivvy
Marshmallow Academy Member

Number of posts : 2634

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Battlefront looks nice but I can't see myself playing it for a long time. I'm not even sure if I'll bother buying it tbh. I feel it'll get uninteresting quite quickly then they'll just milk it with dlc.

Fallout4 will probably be more worth the money imo. Once they iron out the inevitable bugs anyway Crazy

Also Dark souls 3 looks perfect.

Perfect.

Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 127

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:17 am

Yeah Fallout 4 will def. be worth the money.

I'd wait until Battlefront's price drops a bit perhaps.

Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 3991
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

View user profile http://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 am

Shinja wrote:Battlefront looks nice but I can't see myself playing it for a long time. I'm not even sure if I'll bother buying it tbh. I feel it'll get uninteresting quite quickly then they'll just milk it with dlc.

Fallout4 will probably be more worth the money imo. Once they iron out the inevitable bugs anyway Crazy

Also Dark souls 3 looks perfect.

Perfect.

Yea it's the team the made the original Demon's/Dark Souls and Bloodborne games. I liked Dark Souls II but it just didn't have the same kinda vibe as the others and it was much easier imo. It's cool they added a mana bar too. I'm guessing that's gonna replace limited spell casts for magic.

Kinda surprised you guys aren't more excited for Battlefront. I think it looks amazing.

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Don't get me wrong, the graphics do look amazing. But gameplay-wise? I've already played it with Battlefront II. Games are crazy expensive when they're released and I just can't see paying that much money for a game I've already played.

Unless it's a JK2 reboot. Then I'd pay. Drooling

Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4092

View user profile http://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Prices for games drop so dramatically and so soon that I have never justified buying a game at release.  THere's always some holiday around the corner and the price drops at least 20 bucks.  

Not to mention, the early-on bug fixes get patched by that time.  If I had a PC that could run Battlefront, I would buy it around summertime next year.  I bet it'll be like 30 bucks at most by memorial day and 95 percent of the bugs would be completely patched.

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:20 am

About to get stuck in Smile

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:24 pm

Holy crap, let us know how it goes!

Congrats, you officially have lost 2 months of your life.   Sign here.

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Have we talked about Star Citizen yet?  Because wow, guys, it's starting to look like it might actually deliver on the promise.  It's in super early alpha and is quite crashy, but look at some of the stuff they're doing:

You can't fly down to any planets yet, but everything in the second video is live.  Apparently people have thought it was a giant scam until Alpha 2.0 was just released that has the base mechanics of everything actually working and playable.  I've been playing around with it and can't wait.  Assuming they actually finish it, I think this is going to be the space game I've been waiting for.

I tried Eve-Online a long time ago but it came up way short.  Super grindy and slow and the whole thing feels like it's meant to just keep you paying every month because you need to mine just one more asteroid.  Just one more...  They're saying Star Citizen won't have a monthly fee, just the cost of buying the initial game like the good old days of gaming.

And they seem to be spending a fair amount of time making social components too.  Character emotes and whatnot.  Remember how people used to say JK2 multiplayer was IRC with lightsabers?  I could see there being a place for that kind of hanging out in this game.  There's a social world you can load into in the alpha to play with all the social components and see what it'd be like if you landed on a planet and went and hung out in a bar somewhere.

Mostly I've been flying out to this space station they have set up to demo how PvP works, and I've been hunting unsuspecting players as they come to explore the place. It's old and dark and creaky, and I half expect ghosts of dead spacers to jump out at me. The amount of time they've put into the atmosphere of the place is amazing and I'm in love with it.

Can't wait.

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:23 pm

Yeah that looks really beautiful.  I wish I could run it.  I'd probably nothing done if I could, though, lol.

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 am

Yea Star Citizen looks pretty cool. I like those kinda games. I loved the 1st Mass Effect game cause you could go to different planets and explore them with your mako. The sequels didn't have as much exploration. But the the new ME game is gonna have a lot more planets and stuff to explore and you can fly your ship manually, which is something I've always wanted.  

Oh and have you heard of this indie game called No Man's Sky? It's supposed to have so many planets that it would take 5 billion years to explore them all lol.

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Yeah I've seen bits and pieces of that, but I'm still not sure what kind of game it's going to end up being. Are they still being super cryptic about it? From what I've read, it seems like there might not be much variety in the gameplay... space battle, fly to a planet, scan stuff, leave, space battle, rinse, repeat.

The thing with Star Citizen is it's the same kind of infinitely generated universe but they're laying the groundwork for you to do all kinds of different things. I really want to play the exploration aspect of it, but apparently their goal is to make it realistic enough that anything you can think of is an option.

But again, it's all super early alpha so who knows what'll happen. They do seem to have enough funding to do whatever they want though. I mean they already have Luke Skywalker, Scully, and Gordon/Sirius Black/Zorg as voice actors. Supposedly over $100 million raised and they're still going. It's insane how badly people want this game.

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinja on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:08 am

I'll probably play Star Citizen but I don't like the pay to win element of it, it's kinda got out of control. I mean sure they maybe wouldn't have made as much money if they didn't include those pay to win packages with cool space ships and whatever but still. Will be a shame if new players who don't want to spend a lot are at the bottom of the food chain for ages.

Shinja
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 127

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Pay to win seems to creep it's way into everything now. It's all because of these "free" apps. 

It's kinda funny cause Destiny added silver recently, which you buy with real money. It's not exactly pay to win though cause all the items you can buy are cosmetic. Sad part is that I've bought some silver myself just to get some new gear and emotes Rolling Eyes. Also they've said the aren't releasing anymore expansions. Instead there'll be events where they'll add new stuff to buy with silver lol.

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:03 pm

It would be very disappointing if it ends up being like Eve-Online where you have to spend your first three months mining asteroids just to get enough money to buy an upgraded ship. I suspect that's not the experience they're after though. I don't mind that they're allowing people with stupid amounts of money to stupidly spend that money on ships to fund the game. I don't consider that pay to win, but it depends how things end up going when the game comes out.

They've specifically said they don't want it to be pay to win and everything that can be bought with real money can be reasonably obtained just by playing the game. They're just taking advantage of people who want to buy ships in order to fund the game. Seems okay to me. I'd rather they do that than charge a monthly fee honestly. I'm tired of games that make you pay to keep playing, especially if you only want to play it casually off and on.

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:54 pm

So Star Citizen is doing a free to play week.  My guess is it's to celebrate the launch of the mini universe alpha, which I've been playing on for a couple weeks.  It's only a single star system to demo the actual mechanics of the game, but it's still quite fun.  It goes until Monday, and be prepared for a huge download.  It's 30gb or so, and the minimum system requirements are up there because this thing is graphically gorgeous.

Go here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist

If you want free monies to spend on stuffs use my free monies code.  I don't get any monies, just you:
STAR-4TZD-6KMM

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:34 pm

Downloading now.

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Looks like they've either extended it another week or there was a typo in the original announcement I read.  Either way, it's going until the 8th so zoom zoom!  bounce

In case you guys aren't yet convinced that this is going to be the most awesome game ever, take a look at this.  When you buy a ship, it's all shiny and chrome.  Except it doesn't get to ride eternal 'cause over time this happens as you use it:

Link in case the embed doesn't work: https://youtu.be/OjcCi6_jTLw

The attention to detail has me Drooling

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:38 am

I'll probably check it out eventually. My monthly net cap is only 15gb atm so I can't download it.

Have you guys heard of a puzzle game called The Witness? It's an interesting game. The gist of it is you are alone on this island and there's hundreds of puzzles to solve. The puzzles get trickier the further you advance ofc. I haven't beaten it yet but it's worth checking out if you're into puzzles and stuff.

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:50 am

So I just ordered this beauty, and it apparently comes with a free copy of The Division.  I hadn't heard anything about the game until now, but it seems like it'll be kinda neat possibly maybe. Joystick  Anyone know anything about it or have any thoughts?

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:37 am

There's been a lot of talk about The Division and from the gameplay vids I've seen, it does look pretty solid. It's an open world shooter rpg kinda similar to Destiny only it's 3rd person. A lot of people have been playing the beta on ps4 at least. Definitely wanna check it out sometime.

I picked up the new edition of Dying Light recently. It comes with all the dlc and I have to say it's easily one of the best survival horror games I've played. It's made by Techland, the same guys who made Dead Island but this is a big improvement imo.

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Wow, that actually looks really cool  Rock Hard

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by blivvy on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 am

Does this remind anybody else of Quake?

blivvy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 am

That isn't just like Quake, that is quake!

Time Lord
Time Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:21 pm

So, reporting back on The Division:  It's very fun for the first few hours of play.  It's kind of a crazy mixture of a loot-based RPG type game with a stat-based third person shooter.  In later levels it gets very repetitive though.  The missions are all basically repeats of stuff you've done before, and the story that follows the main missions isn't all that gripping.

That said, there's something about it that has kept me going back to it for little spurts here and there.  I can't really explain it, but I like the gameplay itself even though it's a tad repetitive.  Spread out over little chunks here and there, it's still a fun game to play.  I definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it.  It probably would have been worth it on a sale, and definitely worth it for the price of zero I got it for.

The Dark Zone, the game's PvP area is something else.  Nothing about it tries to make it fair for players to go up against each other, so you have to know what you're getting yourself into.  You can only go in there when you're at the top of one of the level brackets, and only after you've geared yourself up otherwise you're going to be one-hit-killed by someone else who wants the loot you're toting and who did do those things. Dizzy

Certifiably Sane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top