Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeons and Dragons

5 posters

Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Empty Dungeons and Dragons

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I assume everyone here has heard of Dungeons and Dragons, widely regarded as the game. Renowned for its sheer awesomeness, playability, and the fact that the DM can pull off some serious mindfucks with the players if he so chooses.

I played a bit of it with my friends over the last couple of years, and we've had a laugh doing it. So, I'm proposing a Dungeons and Dragons group for here. It wouldn't take place on the forums; while this has been done before by others, it's a bit restrictive, and relies on people constantly posting. We'd need an IM service (I'd advocate Messenger, or even Pidgin), but having talked with a few more experienced players, I can see it working out.

I've grabbed a full rule set for version 3.5 (4 is frowned upon by most DnD players, and having looked through the Player's Guide for 4, I can say that it is confusing as hell), so that's a Player's Guide, Dungeon Masters Guide and Monster Handbook, all in PDF form.

The first step is to guage interest. Post if you'd like to try it out. If enough people want to do it, then I'll look into finding proper 3.5 forms for playing, brush up on my DM'ing skills (oh yes, I'll be DM'ing, at least, to start. I want to get a rota going if we decide to do this.), and generally set thing in motion. 4 players would be nice, more would be welcomed, but any more than 6-ish gets... interesting.

So, anyway, opinions!
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 723

Back to top Go down

Dungeons and Dragons Empty Re: Dungeons and Dragons

Post by Loki Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Sounds... interesting to say the least but before I say anything else...

WTF IS DM!? Suspect
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Number of posts : 1279

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:15 pm

DM stands for Dungoen Master, i.e. the guy who doesn't play, but runs the game for you (tells you your options, acts out NPC characters, describes your locale, does the roles of the monsters during battle). It means you get to be incredibly horrid to the players Wink
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Oooh ok... Shocked
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Oh my god my friends are OBSESSED with this game. They (my geek friends) have tried MANY times to get me into this, but I shall never do so!!! I hate these types of games in which you have to adapt a new persona or some bullshit like that (except for Fallout 3 that game is the sh*t). Anything that involves swords, magic, animated people, people who talk like elementary schoolers, or anything of the sort goes in my "I-want-to-gtfo-of-here" list. I once listened my friends at a party talk about those japenese cartoons everybody here is obsessed about for like 4 hours and I was ready to kill myself.

I wish you good luck with this, and it seems like a good idea, but if you ever even CONSIDER asking me to join the group, I will single-handedly stab you in your sleep.

Smile Nice idea, though, cappy!

EDIT: I also hate monsters, cheesy stereotypical one-lines, and greasy fried chicken.

(unless it looks KICKASS) affraid
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Theicecreaman wrote:I once listened my friends at a party talk about those japenese cartoons everybody here is obsessed about for like 4 hours and I was ready to kill myself.
It's called anime (hentai if your into pr0n lol). Don't insult it if you don't know what it's called Evil or Very Mad jk Razz

wait, 4 hours!? ok ok insult them all you want but not the animes! they will come get you D: Willy Nilly

Last edited by Loki on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited this last time but forgot to say why... does that count as a reason for doing it a second time?)
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonko the Sane Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Loki wrote:Last edited by Loki on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited this last time but forgot to say why... does that count as a reason for doing it a second time?)

No.

I'm not really into D&D either, but what about using the forum's chat thingy for it instead of an IM service, Jack?
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:40 pm

Why Wonko, thats just insane enough to work. Didn't know you had it in you! Razz
Loki
Loki
Court Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cap'nJackSparrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:50 am

Mmmm. May work.

And darn, I'd hoped you two would've agreed to at least try it. Eh, never mind. I'm sure there are people out there willing to try it.

Also, @Ice: Some anime is good. You never seen Pokemon: The TV series? [/sarcasm]
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cap'nJackSparrow
Cookie Academy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Theicecreaman Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:43 pm

IF I SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE MOTHA FUCKIN POKEWALKERS I'M GONNA SHUT DOWN THE FORUM.
Dungeons and Dragons 6a00d834515f7269e20120a7c9eff2970b-500wi

I saw it a few times in my youth back in the day... what 3rd grade or something? Sorry I just do not like these types of things. Everything else is fine. To me, if Pierce Brosnan from James Bond and Brad Pitt started to date, that would make more sense than any of this nonsense.

(no offense but as you can see I am heavily biased on the issue)

Also I will lock any topic talking about that new Pokemon game... just a warning.

(hell I may even give out a ban....)

Yeah good idea though Wonko... the AJAX IM system on the forum will work perfectly for those of you wishing to start something of the sort. Just DO NOT ask me to join.... if you do, use your imagination to ponder the consequences:)
Theicecreaman
Theicecreaman
Time Lord
Time Lord

Number of posts : 4002
Location : Look for the fireworks and semi-functional trampolines

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugenhagen Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

There's a new pokemon game out? Loved the first season of that, then it went to sh*t after new characters when I was like...6?
Bugenhagen
Bugenhagen
Cookie Academy Member

Number of posts : 1015

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum