Wonko's School Of Cake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, you want to set up a tourny? Read this first!!

2 posters

Go down

So, you want to set up a tourny? Read this first!! Empty So, you want to set up a tourny? Read this first!!

Post by Wonko the Sane Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:05 pm

There's been a lot of confusion lately about arranging tournies with other clans or communities, so I thought I'd clear it all up once and for all. This is the definitive guide to setting up a tourny between the School of Cake and some other bunch of people who will obviously lose. Boxing

So, you've got some friends over at the -=NOOB=- server and you think it'd be fun to arrange a little friendly tourny between them and the School of Cake. The first step is to make a post here in the tournaments forum proposing this tourny. Before doing anything else, please be sure that either Ice or myself has agreed to your proposed tourny!! It is important that we keep track of how many tournies are going on and with what clan or community. Once either myself or Ice have signed off on the tourny, you will be in charge of arranging, holding, and posting the final results of the tourny. (And don't forget to thank the -=NOOB=-'s after it's all over with!) But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The next step, before any of that can take place, is to invite our members to this tourny. Pick a time and a date, and wait for a reasonable number of people to respond before you go inviting the -=NOOB=-'s to the tourny. For example, if you want a 5vs5 match, make sure at least 6 or 7 members from the School of Cake say that they will be able to make it at that specific date and time. Invariably, things come up and one or two people won't be able to make it, so plan for this and find a time and date where you'll have extra people to substitute in.

Once you have a time and date and enough people from the School of Cake that will be able to make it, head on over to the -=NOOB=- server or to their forum and invite them to a friendly tourny. Keep it simple, friendly, and for heaven's sake, use proper grammar. Something along the lines of:
"Hi, I'm the_nooby_1 from the School of Cake, and I've been asked by my community to arrange a friendly tourny with you guys! We would like to hold a XvsX match on X/X/X at X:XXpm on our Hydro server, Wonko's @Hydroball. If you accept, please have whoever is in charge of arranging tournies make a post here. We also have a thread going for this tourny at our forum: [link to thread]. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing back from you!"

Once you get word that they have officially accepted the challenge, make a post in the tourny thread here letting all our members know that it's game on!! From this point forward, it's your responsibility to rally the troops and make sure that when the tourny date comes, you have enough people there. Take screenshots! When it's all over with, post the results on both forums and make sure you thank the -=NOOB=-'s for participating.

This outline for a tourny is designed to allow all of our members to take charge of arranging a tourny, while still allowing Ice and myself to keep tabs on how many tournies are being arranged and with whom. If you have any questions, post below!
Wonko the Sane
Wonko the Sane
Certifiably Sane
Certifiably Sane

Number of posts : 4104

https://schoolofcake.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

So, you want to set up a tourny? Read this first!! Empty Re: So, you want to set up a tourny? Read this first!!

Post by Da Llama Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Aw... Can't I do my version?
Hai! I'm unknown! We have a thread talking about how suckish you are -> www.slabbybooboo.com , We have challenged you! School of cake, VS [CLAN], Remember, Don't forget your sunglasses! And be there at Friday the 13th of May! At 6:60:06, Enjoy it! But be a fighter, You noob! Razz
P.S I can go kung fu on yo but, Razz
It's my version! Very Happy
Da Llama
Da Llama
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)
Recovering Spammer (Stage 42)

Number of posts : 1809

http://donutdojo.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down